Front strut mount part numbers

Towncivilian

Depending on condition, you may also want to replace the bracket which has the three studs pressed in it. Sometimes they can corrode quite heavily. This goes directly underneath the insulator bracket.

Part No. 54322-0W010 (one per side).

Cheers.

I would guess that there won't be any significant corrosion on the bracket since I'm in Florida.

Radwaste claims that unless the strut mount is damaged or cracked, there's no need to replace it, and the only parts that need replacing are the bearings and struts themselves. I believe my mounts are in good condition. Reuse? They are $31.09 each after all, not exactly a drop in the bucket overall.

EDIT: Regarding the rest of the suspension details, RockAuto has the following parts for $258.63 shipped after their 5% discount:

KYB GR-2 335030 (front right)

KYB GR-2 335031 (front left)

2 x KYB Gas-A-Just KG4163 (rear)

I'll probably go that route, since Tire Rack has the same components for $291.54 shipped.

Anyway, since I'm not looking for a lift at this time, can I just reuse the stock coil springs, at least for the time being?

Edited by Towncivilian

• 2 months later...

Any other opinions on mounts? Town, I replaced the shocks last year with the Gas A Just, nice improvement. Getting ready to order the KYB struts (they are now called Excel G per their website). Found them on amazon for about $73.50 each shipped. Havent found a better price yet.

I just ordered the AC kit from 4x4parts.com & they told me the mount for my 96 SE was part #SPKYST44398.

Some people say only replace the mounts if you're getting clunking or banging noises, others say replace them anytime you replace the struts. It's like most things, everyone has a different opinion. I figure if I've got it all broken down anyway I might as well replace them.

I ordered them also but they're like $50 each. I figured I'd pay the extra to be sure that I'm getting the right parts & after looking around it didn't seem a whole lot cheaper to buy the parts separately rather than the AC kit. Anyway, it's only money right? :whocares::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's what credit cards are for :rofl:

I'll let you know how my strut mounts look after I remove the old ones. The guy that had the car b4 me was a cheapskate & used parts from a wrecking yard, so I'm sure the mounts are the original ones from Nissan.

Edited by theexbrit

I always strongly recommend to everyone whenever you replace struts always replace the bearings and mounts, these parts get the most wear and are constantly in motion.

visually inspect the other parts for rust and wear and replace if necessay.

Actually it depends on what vehicle you have, some mounts have rubber &/or a bearing in them....... :clickdalink:http://www.kyb.com/technical/what.php

Well, the part with the rubber is the isulator (part No. 54320), which should probably be replaced with the struts. But the part I meant was the mounting bracket (part No. 54322), which is just a metal plate.. But I guess if you want to be thorough and don't mind the expense, you might as well replace everything; the plate is only $13 afterall.

My bad, I thought the "mount" was the whole thing, I didn't realizes you could replace just parts of the strut mount. That's probably why my mounts were $50 if they are the complete mount & (hopefully, for that price) not just the plate.