Gas Light Is On...

silver97ex

Yea I know its bad for the pump but running it out once shouldnt kill it. I hope it doesnt. Its not like I'm planning to do this on a constant basis. One time, just to find out the size of my tank...unless someone else know where else I could find this out?

Vin?

Or maybe written on the tank somewhere?

yes..there IS a place you can find out, in fact. The owner's manual, FSM, or the multiple threads around here. Nissan offered 15gal and 21gal tanks.

Instead of running your tank dry, you can either assume it's a 21gal tank (which plenty of people are skeptical due to it not filling above 3/4 tank on the needle), or you can burn about 19 gallons or so and fill it up. See what happens

yes..there IS a place you can find out, in fact. The owner's manual, FSM, or the multiple threads around here. Nissan offered 15gal and 21gal tanks.

Instead of running your tank dry, you can either assume it's a 21gal tank (which plenty of people are skeptical due to it not filling above 3/4 tank on the needle), or you can burn about 19 gallons or so and fill it up. See what happens

Yea i know about the whole 15 or 21 gallon thing. I am not sure which my tank is. Now if I do have a 15 then burning 19 gallons requires me running her till she is dry at one point. If I have a 21 then burning 19 isnt that big of a deal. I just want to know if there is another way I could find out that doesnt involve running her dry. Like if i search the VIN or if there is a marking somewhere on the tank itself that could tell me.

Yea i know about the whole 15 or 21 gallon thing. I am not sure which my tank is. Now if I do have a 15 then burning 19 gallons requires me running her till she is dry at one point. If I have a 21 then burning 19 isnt that big of a deal. I just want to know if there is another way I could find out that doesnt involve running her dry. Like if i search the VIN or if there is a marking somewhere on the tank itself that could tell me.

get under there and look at the tank. Are you telling me that you've never put more than 15 gallons in it at a time?

get under there and look at the tank. Are you telling me that you've never put more than 15 gallons in it at a time?

17.125....but my dad insists that its a 15 and i was just running super dry...Felt like I coulda put more in but $60 only fills her up so far. No what im saying. XD

17.125....but my dad insists that its a 15 and i was just running super dry...Felt like I coulda put more in but $60 only fills her up so far. No what im saying. XD

yeah...you were running so dry that you managed to get 2.125 gallons out of nowhere. I think that's your logic?

Don't worry, I'm just having some fun with you.

In actuality, I think they only put the 15 gallon tanks in some of the 80s pathfinders with the z24? I could be completely wrong about this. Most of the variation in tank sizes happens on the Hardbodys. I think the v6 4x4s got the 21 gallon tank and everything else got the 15gal? I'm not sure.

Odds are, you have the 21 gallon tank. Especially since you just told me that you don't have the 15gallon tank.

Edited by 1994SEV6

I said I have a 21 gallon. He goes No its a 15 dont argue with me...You were just running dry. Im like yea ok dad...W.e. You say.

That extra 2.125 gallons came from idk where. LMFAO. I swear I have a 21. Just wanted some proof. Im going to keep saying its a 15 tho. Free gas money from dad? I think so. LMFAO

I said I have a 21 gallon. He goes No its a 15 dont argue with me...You were just running dry. Im like yea ok dad...W.e. You say.

That extra 2.125 gallons came from idk where. LMFAO. I swear I have a 21. Just wanted some proof. Im going to keep saying its a 15 tho. Free gas money from dad? I think so. LMFAO

Hey as long as dads paying to fill it up it can have a 5 gallon tank if he says so. What ever you say dad just give me some money! I remember those days, in about another year I'll be hearing that.

James

Hey as long as dads paying to fill it up it can have a 5 gallon tank if he says so. What ever you say dad just give me some money! I remember those days, in about another year I'll be hearing that.

James

XD Well I just tell him im empty at 250 miles and he gives me 60 to fill her up. 21 gallon tank would make me empty at..315..I'll say 300 to be safe. :]

More time I can out inbetween fill ups the better...$76.65 to fill her up (about)...Now i gotta ask for 80 bucks instead of 60 to fill the tank. :thumbsdown:

This description of the LED being faintly lit with the engine on happens with an LED in my Service Engine Soon spot on my R50. I have no idea why voltage is always applied to the SES bulb. Completely irrelevant to this thread, though.

I guess a faulty fuel gauge can affect the light if it thinks the tank is empty or something.

What doesn't make sense to me, is that the actual fuel gauge was still reading correctly. The light went off and has stayed off since so I am going to push it to the back of my mind :shrug:

• 2 months later...

my old 95 XE had a working low fuel light. ,my 95 SE's does not work. And the fuel light IS one of the lights that comes on when turning the key to ON. My guess with all of you that don't have a working fuel light, along with myself, is that the sender was replaced at some point.

I managed to make it come on once, when I thought we were going to have to drop the tank to do the frame. It was sort of intermittent; it would be on when I parked, then off when I started it again. Never gotten it that low since.

my old 95 XE had a working low fuel light. ,my 95 SE's does not work. And the fuel light IS one of the lights that comes on when turning the key to ON. My guess with all of you that don't have a working fuel light, along with myself, is that the sender was replaced at some point.

That's strange, mine doesn't come on when I turn the key to on, unless the fuel is actually low. The light works on both my trucks.

Just gotta say that I have run my truck out of gas a few times and NEVER have I seen the little light come on...

I have never seen the light work...ever. Maybe the bulb is blown or something. I'll look after it another day.