Paint- Narrow down to 2. Need opinions

brix542

Hey Ima be painting the pathy soon for my senoir project. I was gonna with olive drab but when i found the type i want there is another color that looks great. I cant decide between em. I was hoping some of yall would be able to give yalls opinions and help me out a lil.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/HRF236.aspx

http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/HRF233.aspx

Those are the 2 colors. each kit cost about 170+ shipping. Doing all the work myself and with my granddads help in his shop. Thanks

I can really see either working, but imo the coolest would be both in a basic camo. :D Complex/expensive though.

Are you painting the bumpers the same color? Or keeping them black/chrome? The tan looks a little classier, but less interesting; the brown's more in your face, but I dunno if it would go with the truck's lines.

It's easiest to decide what you like when the color's on the car. With that in mind, print off a pic of a clean white Pathy, get a tan pencil and a brown pencil, and see what you think. :)

Edited by Slartibartfast

Flat black bumpers, rims(already done stock chromies flat black but ima redo so the color matches exactly), black nerf bars, nissan symbol black(maybe). and if only i could get a spray can of each. would make it alot easier to choose.

Paint color is one of those things that's going to be personal taste. We don't have to drive it, only you do. I personally dislike the whole OD thing period, (maby on a big ol deuce & 1/2 or one of those duck boat/trucks...) but take that as you want from someone who paints stuff pink. Use the colored pencle trick or bug someone with photoshop to play with a couple of your pics you got

yeah i know paint is personal taste. im just wondering which will go better with my interior and whatnot(grey interior). I cant decide between the 2. i like em both and would drive em till they were peeling and dull. just gotta make a decision by this weekend so i can order it and do the paintjob by december 6th at the latest.

My dad said ODB cause it would "blend" with my existing paint better if i missed a spot on a jamb or something like that. No camo. not that it dont look good i just want a solid color mainly.

Flat and military colors are not really my thing, but if you do a good job of masking it off like ^ did I think it will turn out well. Make sure you take your time doing the prep work as that is what can make or break a paintjob.

everything painted blacks commin off to get painted. everythings gonna be taped off good. ima have a clean body before painting. all dents and what not will be gone. prep and body work is 3/4 of the whole paintjob.

Lots of pics aint a problem at all. i gotta have documentation of the whole thing and easiest way is through pics. once im done il get em posted up for yall. Decided to go with ODB to cover better and whatnot.