Compression / Tension / Strut rod - oh crap!

lint

Oh total crap!

working on my ride & joy today, installing some new Compression / Tension / Strut rod (whatever!) bushings with some new Energy Suspensions and the rod on driver's side is soooo worn out I shouldn't be driving this thing....so I WON"T, but I work on call & I need it to make $$$.... Anyway, my local parts place doesn't show a listing, and my regular online place doesn't carry them. Called the dealer at 5:02 and they didn't pick up but reception did & told me parts closed at 5:00. Damn, I'm not impressed! Anyone know where to find a set? I'm thinking that passenger will be equally as bad....

maybe I can't answer the phone tomorrow..... :ohno01:

I would recommend strongly replacing the rods, collars and washers:

54470-31G00 ROD TENSION $31.95 EACH QTY NEEDED: 2

54477-T6000 WSHR TENSION $3.78 EACH QTY NEEDED: 4

54479-50W0A COLLAR, TENSION $3.95 EACH QTY NEEDED: 2

My dealer (Vancouver BC) had them in stock for $60.

Yeah, so I call my dealer at 7am & he tells me he has 2 instock & they are 68 bucks each. So I say to him "Vancouver dealers have them for about 60 but that's ok I'm in a bit of a jam". Off I go to pick one up & when I get there he has adjusted the price to 59 and change. Nice! Sewebster just saved me 9 bucks!!! :beer:

I would recommend strongly replacing the rods, collars and washers:

54470-31G00 ROD TENSION $31.95 EACH QTY NEEDED: 2

54477-T6000 WSHR TENSION $3.78 EACH QTY NEEDED: 4

54479-50W0A COLLAR, TENSION $3.95 EACH QTY NEEDED: 2

...and then I get home and read this ^^ and Alkorahil could have saved me more but really, I need this on the road NOW & I can't afford to wait on shipping. Good info, & yes, I am replacing everything....

Yep, that's true! I always say "buy quality parts and quality tools and do the job yourself but if you cheap out on either parts or tools, you're just gonna have to do the job again".

I'm back on the road & I'm safe inside.

time for a couple of these!! :beer:

Just bought some some autozone, I think they were $32 with shipping, the are poly ones and red. check my youtube, there's a video of them.. I think..

OP was talking about the actual rod being worn out. THEY are the dealer item