6spd vs. 5 spd

ditchdiggerjcf

I wish it was a bolt on swap tho. Maybe some sort of bell housing adapter can be made...

I wish they were the same. Adapters would push the tranny back, which means new driveshafts front and rear, and extensive crossmember fab work. Sounds like it would be way too much of a PITA

I wish they were the same. Adapters would push the tranny back, which means new driveshafts front and rear, and extensive crossmember fab work. Sounds like it would be way too much of a PITA

Possibly you could machine off the front of the bell housing such that adding the adapter keeps the overall length the same. Makes it a more significant job though.

Adapters would push the trans back... or push the engine forward. Assuming the adaptor's not a mile thick, you'd just have the motor mounts to mod (probably a fair amount of work, but at least you wouldn't be doing it while lying underneath). You have to pull the engine either way, right? I'm sure the engine bay has a spare half inch up front.

Adapters would push the trans back... or push the engine forward. Assuming the adaptor's not a mile thick, you'd just have the motor mounts to mod (probably a fair amount of work, but at least you wouldn't be doing it while lying underneath). You have to pull the engine either way, right? I'm sure the engine bay has a spare half inch up front.

Wow. No way in hell I'm pulling the motor to replace the tranny. lol

It's not the crawl speed for sure, secong gear starts are the norm as is. I tow alot and my 5 speed has some issues and a 6 speed is easier to find in the salvage yards.

I wanna come hang out in your salvage yards. I'm lucky to find Pathfinders!