Big plans

What kind of paint did you use to paint the window switch trims? I like that idea.

same as exterior. I own a small collision repair shop and prefer use of Sherwin Williams Ultra system

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you didnt take any time jumping in did ya! :tongue: Glad you found this place and your rig looks great! Thought you said it doesnt go offroad! Anyway, it was nice chatting with you at the show. Maybe I will enlist your fab skills for a new front bumper in the future! Oh, and I took this pic a while ago, but is this your rig?

Photo0062.jpg

Once again, good looking rig and glad to have you on board!

Derek

Well, you didnt take any time jumping in did ya! :tongue: Glad you found this place and your rig looks great! Thought you said it doesnt go offroad! Anyway, it was nice chatting with you at the show. Maybe I will enlist your fab skills for a new front bumper in the future! Oh, and I took this pic a while ago, but is this your rig?

Photo0062.jpg

Once again, good looking rig and glad to have you on board!

Derek

yep. that's mine

I spy RANCHO A-ARMS!!

When I start my suspension project, all of the parts that come off my Pathy will be for sale. Trailmaster 4" lift, Rancho rear springs, Rancho upper arms and Trailmaster shocks.

Today I talked to a master fab guy I use for misc things and I will be having him do all the mods on my Yota axle. I worked out the issues with useing a Yota axle in a Pathy. Instead of fliping it I'm going to chop it up, weld in new axle tubes putting diff on drivers side and use every axle upgrade from Trailgear.com

I was told that a M30 ecu with nistune board will work well for suprecharging a VG33e. I consulted Doug at UP Garage about that and he suggested since I have a S13 Silvia with a RB25DET gen2 that I should use a ViPEC ecu. ViPEC's are not vehicle specific, they are cylinder specific, so if you have more than one 6 cylinder car you tune them, save programs and swap into whatever car you might be driving any given day. In my case I only drive my Silvia about 200 or 300 miles per year, so the ViPEC will be the way to go.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
DSC_0021-1.jpgWell I need to delay my Pathy build but I will still be sourcing parts. For now I finally got started on the build of my 79 Datsun King Cab. I'm trying very hard to get it finished by March, but time will tell on how that goes. If any of you are members on Ratsun you can watch mt Datsun builds. 620 chop, cut, weld on the project datto page Edited by mxracerjason

Today I talked to a master fab guy I use for misc things and I will be having him do all the mods on my Yota axle. I worked out the issues with useing a Yota axle in a Pathy. Instead of fliping it I'm going to chop it up, weld in new axle tubes putting diff on drivers side and use every axle upgrade from Trailgear.com

Why do all that work for that Axle, even with all the work done it wont be any stronger than a D44. If you used the money from all that work on a D44 you would have one heck of an axle. I am doing my SAS this year and am interested in seeing how you do yours. I was going to mimic the rear suspension in the front. I may steal some ideas.

Why do all that work for that Axle, even with all the work done it wont be any stronger than a D44. If you used the money from all that work on a D44 you would have one heck of an axle. I am doing my SAS this year and am interested in seeing how you do yours. I was going to mimic the rear suspension in the front. I may steal some ideas.

I'm not building a hard core wheeler. It will still be a daily for the streets with winter use for snowy condisions and a little use in the Oregon dunes. Mainly going with the yota axle to keep stock width. I do'nt want my front tires stickin out farther than the rears.

• 2 weeks later...

I scored a Xterra supercharger that had almost everything bolted to it for $400. Came with plenum, inake tube, throttle body,Power Raid spacer, and all brakets and water, vacume tubes. Just a few more things and I can turn my VG33E into a VG33ER.