A sad day for my pathfinder

pathfinder93x

Well everyone, after 4 years of working hard on my truck and almost getting it to where I want... she sacrificed her life for mine. I was a victim of the date rape drug GHB, someone had slipped it into a girl im seeings drink and I took a couple swigs from it... next memory I have is waking up in the hospital. I have never driven my truck drunk, but this time I have 0 memory of getting in, how the accident happened etc. I had gone missing for about 2 hours and they found me in an area I dont ever think ive been in....

I am happy to be walking today as the truck flipped on her side and slide for about 3-4 house lengths. I dont think the truck can be repaired at this point which is sad as its got new clutch, transmission and motor :(

DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

Im sorry to hear about your pathfinder man that defiantly sucks looks like it held up ok for that much of a beating though! I am more glad your ok though that's the most important part. A pathfinder can always be replaced you cant! Are you buying it back for parts for a different one or letting insurance take it?

Every day I see things that make me loose faith in humanity. But it is good to see the good people (yourself) survive these in-humane acts.

I hope your scrapes and bruises heal quickly, Hows the girl? Did she wind up ok after being drugged?

Good thing that neither you nor anyone else was hurt!! I do feel really bad about your Pathy, but if that is what it takes so be it and I'd just buy another one. Look at it this way, the next one you buy and mod will be simple. You know what to look for, what to buy, how to do it, etc. The next Pathy will surpass the old one within a year... ;)

About the drugging, I don't know. It wasn't an issue when I worked at or frequented clubs, but I have to ask what happened to your friends or girl you know? Are they alright? Didn't they notice that you weren't ok or where you were going? Trust me, I've seen things get confused or missed a lot too.

B

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys I thank everyone for the support and kind words, and honestly after this accident and everyone walking away with out a skratch is just more of a reason for me to invest into another one!

Now that I've gotten all the bull@!*% out of the way I need to decide what to do with the truck, it sits at the impound lot... Should I take it out, and remove the pieces?

I got calmini suspension tables, 3inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift, pacesetter headers, custom exhaust, catalytic, muffler... new transmission, new clutch, they just replaced the engine with one with 120 000km with all new sensors on it, bilstein steering stablizer...

Anyhow alot of work went into this, what do you guys recommend I do with it?

make your mind up quick, each day it sits is another day storage and that adds up fast (I see it daily). if your goeign to replace with another wd21 and have somewhere you can keep it then I would say most definatly get it out of there, what would it cost to buy all the stuff over again? even if not replacign with a wd21 though and you still got a space to put it, you could possibly part it out here and make some coin back (towing/storage charges depending, id guess a minimum of a $500 bill about now in just towing/storage, not including any recovery/cleanup/time lost charges. But tow yards will work with people as long as they ain't city owned or some chaser) If anything you could make a trail only truck or even try rebuilding back to streetable!

Well I don't got space to put it anywhere myself at the moment... and its costing me 10$ a day to leave it where it is. Its a government owned impound lot...

I'm just wondering if it might be worth bringing to my 4x4 garage and leaving it there for a month or 2 untill i got money to reinvest in the project.

I guess its moments like this where I kick myself in the ass for getting 1 way insurance

I would bring it somewhere where you could keep it for a while and look for another good wd21 to transfers all of your mods to. There are a couple wd21s for sale on the local Kijiji here

Ya I found one in Montreal mint condition, original engine only 110 000km... The guy told me it was his dads and sat in the garage most of its life. I couldnt believe the condition.

Only downside for me its automatic, love the manual... not sure if I can go back to driving automatic.

Does anyone know of someone in the Montreal region that would be willing to do the swap? Last time i got a quote at a garage on my first project they wanted 3500 to do the suspension, exhaust system and body lift...

Buy it, swap in the manual tranny and exterior tire carrier and you are golden!!

The manual tranny swap isn't hard, per se, but involves a lot of work and a proper place to do it. With the donor next to it, I don't think you would have to buy anything other than fluids, etc. Maybe replace the rear mail seal while you are there. There is a thread or two here, 1 by beastpath in Az IIRC...

As long as there isn't any death rust, it's worth the price.

B

Anyone in the montreal region willing to help me rebuild? wouldnt mind tossing a couple dollars around... so busy with the job these days will be hard for me to make all that time... and i wouldnt be able to keep the 2 trucks in a location for more then a week