'95 Pathfinder cold air intake?

Sambo777

Hello everyone! As you may all know, this is my first post. I have recently purchased my first Pathfinder and have been searching around on websites trying to find a cold air intake but have had no luck so far. Does anyone know where I might be able to find something like that? I'm basically looking for any ideas on entry level mods that will help increase hp/tq and hopefully improve fuel economy as well! Any help would be much appreciated. I'll try to post pics once I have it all cleaned up. Stoked to finally have my first 4x4! :lol:

WELCOME TO NPORA WE WANT PICS !!!

As to the cold air intake, I think Jim Wolf Technology is one of the only companies that make a intake for the 95 pathfinder,

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/customer_part_detail.asp?PartID=356

Most people make their own using various parts, some just replace the air box with an adapter and K&N or similar cone filter, others will replace the rubber accordion pipe also.

On my 94 I just removed the stock air box and picked up an adapter that is made by Spectre performance:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPE-81413/

you can usually find these in your local auto parts store, you will probably have to drill 2 new holes for the adapter to line up to the MAF sensor

some various pics below:

this was my first attempt using a plastic adapter with a plexi spacer I made and a K&N Apollo enclosed filter I had lying around, this one is noisier than the open filter

2lne5wk.jpg

I used the stock air box support bracket with the upper end bent straight as a support

2wgzo90.jpg

same setup with the K&N

3496tjm.jpg

I guess I didn't take any pics of the new adapter with the Spectre filter but pretty much the same thing

the jim wolfe is no better then a open air cone filter for a lot less money, a air intake would mean all the way from the t/b to filter being replace with better performing materials, ie no "donkey dick" tube better flowing airfilters heat shield added, not an adapter and filter with a magic venturi and a oiled filter that screws with the maf, call jim wolfe and ask for a dyno print-out of performance gain/s with this system on a pathy , POP charger lol "piece of poop thats over charged" its name discribes it to a tee

• 1 year later...

im about to attempt a snorkel on my 95 pathfinder, she doesnt leak any oil but how can i be sure she wont take in water thru anything?

Check/extend your breather lines. They're pipes coming off the diffs and the transmission. I've heard of guys running them to the airbox or just up into the fenders to keep them out of the water. IIRC one guy used coiled shop hose, which looked a little odd but seemed to do the job quite well.

im about to attempt a snorkel on my 95 pathfinder, she doesnt leak any oil but how can i be sure she wont take in water thru anything?

Only a couple of ways into the engine so as long as you have a dip stick in the tube, filler cap on, PVC stuff in order, no cracks in any vacuum lines or the flexible intake hose, how can it get it? It won't make a Pathy a submarine, but it'll get you across a river. Most people have snorkels for clean/cold air intake and insurance that they won't accidentally suck in some water (getting in to deep) rather than a guarenteed immunity to any water condition. You can always still drown out your alternator, distributor and possibly short some sensors required for reliable function.

B

• 2 weeks later...