HID projectors?! anyone did it yet?

Nice186

SO i wanna upgrade my headlights with HIDs but i heard the best way to do this is to also install projector so the HIDs wont blind oncoming cars. but i cant find then online? anyone did this yet? if so what did you do cause i really want them. THANKS!

i have not found any projector housing for the pathy you can get the euro clear housings and run a hid system, blinding others is a matter of adjustment, i run hella 125watt off road bulbs in my housings, 125watt low beam 155watt high beam, its a night and day difference almost as bright as hids

blinding others is more than a matter of adjustment because of the pattern that HID light waves move.

HID bulbs produce light in an Arc expanding away from the bulb. When used in a halogen projector they generally scatter light in all directions.

Halogen bulbs produce light equally in all directions from the filament and thus halogen reflectors are designed to reflect this type of light.

There are some good articles out there about doing HID projector retrofits.(google search) This requires a pair of whichever projectors you choose and precisely modifying a headlight housing to hold the projector. And there even guys who will do them for you if you send them your headlights to be retrofitted.

• Like 2

I don't believe there are any HID specific housing's made for the wd21. What you could do is grab a grill and headlight buckets from a hardbody, and then buy H4 conversion lights, these lights provide a clear and crisp cut off that is perfect for HIDs.

I think there was a guy on here from some country up north, Canada, Iceland, Greenland, or Russia who did a HID retrofit into the stock headlight housing. Looked kind of funny but puts out awesome light without scatter. Do a search on the board.

i have not found any projector housing for the pathy you can get the euro clear housings and run a hid system, blinding others is a matter of adjustment, i run hella 125watt off road bulbs in my housings, 125watt low beam 155watt high beam, its a night and day difference almost as bright as hids

In ur stock headlight housing? Do you know where u got the lights?(link) and is that legal? Doesn't 155watt use alot of power? I was looking at a 35 watt hid... I really don't understand much about headlights

I think you should try this mod first: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4945

You will probably be happy with the light output. Or maybe even check your bulbs and see if they have black stuff forming on the insides making the light output really dim, mine did this.

I think you should try this mod first: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4945

You will probably be happy with the light output. Or maybe even check your bulbs and see if they have black stuff forming on the insides making the light output really dim, mine did this.

Do I just need to buy the housing n the hid and I'm good to go? I thought projector make sure the light won't go everywhere. Like the euro looks real night but wouldnt this make the light scatter everywhere even more? Idk like I said before I don't know much about this

you can get the euro housings and a good quality hid conversion kit and your set just besure to adjust on a dark road to check the light pattern

Oh ok thanks so there is no need to make projectors then. Easier then I thought!

not really its a wow factor mostly, "look at me i got projectors" i have retrofitted projectors from a lexus in to honda accord housings and the light pattern was more defined and brighter is all i noticed

ill be putting projectors in my pathfinder here soon before winter. Ill let u know how it goes. I already hav everything minus the projectors but they are like 100 bucks so shouldnt be to bad to get them soon I just need to find out if they will fit or not.

ill be putting projectors in my pathfinder here soon before winter. Ill let u know how it goes. I already hav everything minus the projectors but they are like 100 bucks so shouldnt be to bad to get them soon I just need to find out if they will fit or not.

Alright sounds good let me know how it goes

i got 6000k hids in my pathy..i dont care if i blind people,,,lol

afterhid.jpg

Looks sick bro!!! Is that like pure white with a tint of blue? Where did you buy them and how did you install them? Step by step n photos if you have?

i got a kit off ebay..they were 59.01 shipped to my door. i know there not the best quality for the price but they are way better that stock, and they are very easy to install..just plug and play..no pics of the install ..sorry

here is a before pic

beforehid.jpg

and after

afterhid.jpg