Aftermarket Radiator

SRN

Im going to be putting in an external transmission oil cooler and I'm thinking that it might also be beneficial to replace the original radiator as well. On other vehicles in the past I've gone to dual core aluminium numbers, and I'm thinking the same with the Pathfinder. Does anyone have recommendations for aftermarket radiators?

fluidyne,spal,be-cool,afco,griffin all make universal fitment single core :thumbsdown: in a few dozen sizes, summit is your best bet in finding one that fits the bill, for the record single cores only flow faster, not cool any better think surface area, fin count is more important

Are there any out there that are a direct replacement without the transmission cooler built in that people have found?

Summit shows two, but the both have the transmission cooler built in.

Any aftermarket radiator at the auto store will be more than sufficient for your needs. Plastic caps and aluminum core. All the stock replacements have the transmission coolers built. To bypass it, just don't use it and leave the caps on the fitting.

get a universal if you wanna do away with the tranny cooler internally, measure how long and wide the radiator is and get a model thats close and the inlet outlet location is correct, do not get a radiator with plastic end caps all metal or go home

They run about $100 at your local auto parts store. Lifetime warranty

73.00 at rockauto.com

You can put an extra external cooler after the radiator if you want, while your at it add a spin on external filter as well (A lot easier to change than the internal filter)

newer OEM radiators are plastic end caps now. Some applications you have no choice but to go with plastic (unless you go custom $$$$)

Mark

Edited by msavides

If you don't want the auto cooler just get a rad for a manual truck.

I think this is a no go. I checked into this a while ago because I was just going to swap to a manual rad because I thought it might be a bit thinner, but from what I was told at that time, they all came with the same rad. If you had a manual, you just got the rad with caps on the auto cooler ends. Well that's what I was told at any rate, perhaps our Parts Pimp can chime in if that is an incorrect statement. :shrug:

I think this is a no go. I checked into this a while ago because I was just going to swap to a manual rad because I thought it might be a bit thinner, but from what I was told at that time, they all came with the same rad. If you had a manual, you just got the rad with caps on the auto cooler ends. Well that's what I was told at any rate, perhaps our Parts Pimp can chime in if that is an incorrect statement. :shrug:

I remember when magregor pulled his rad to do the timing belt, it didn't have the auto cooler in it.

all my spare factory rads have trans coolers in them, whether out of autos or manuals. Not that it matters for me, having a 5 speed. I think my current mounted rad has cut off trans lines hanging out of it actually :lol: