Name That Manual Hub

blackspawn

I recounted the splines on the hubs and they're (28) 90'-95' Pathys are (28)...they should fit, unless they're different size 28's and 27's spline hubs. And I don't think so..

Mile Marker Supreme Chrome 86.5-89 Pathfinder: PN-430, BS-6x3.260", 27 spline/1.094" OD

Mile Marker Supreme Chrome 90-01 Pathfinder: PN-435, BS-6x3.260", 28 spline/1.143" OD

Warn Premium:

Vehicle------------------------------------------------------Spline-----PN----Service kit PN

Pickup '84-86.5..............................................26.......29087...29061

Pickup, Pathfinder '86.5-89..............................27.......28739...29061

Pickup, 4 cylinder '90-93.................................27.......28739...29061

Pickup (incl. Frontier), 4 cyl '94-01...................28.......29091...29061

Pickup (incl. Frontier), Pathfinder, 6 cyl '90-01..28.......29091...29061

Xterra '00.......................................................28.......29091...29061

Added vehicles cross fitment.

I just measured it and it was 1.143" OD,YEAH!!!!

Edited by blackspawn

This thread is full of ridiculousness. The information is here on the forum, I linked you to the thread with the cross reference spline count. 94 and newer all use 28 spline hubs, no matter what engine.

This thread is full of ridiculousness. The information is here on the forum, I linked you to the thread with the cross reference spline count. 94 and newer all use 28 spline hubs, no matter what engine.

I beg to differ; after your info I had several people who has been in the Pathy world longer than I say your info was incorrect. So not to call anyone a dirty name I went to other information spots to confirm. I also went out to my rig and measured the OD of my hubs. I knew the hubs would have fit after your info and my researching; beside this just doesn't help me it helps other people out there that have the same questions I had. Ridiculous I think not.. Not saying you, but when a people who's been doing this longer than myself give me bad info, I call that ridiculous or misinformed.

I told you they would work, I didn't say "hmm, I think they will work, maybe we should wait for someone else". I don't even bother posting if I don't know for sure. So who gave you bad information? Sounds like it was the people that have been "in the pathy world longer" than I...

I will also refrain from helping until someone with an earlier join date and more posts answers your question. Yeah, my feathers are ruffled.

I feel this thread will cause confusion for people that know less and are just trying to find a quick answer, but of course the thread with the proper information is going to be "buried" under this one in a search.

I told you they would work, I didn't say "hmm, I think they will work, maybe we should wait for someone else". I don't even bother posting if I don't know for sure. So who gave you bad information? Sounds like it was the people that have been "in the pathy world longer" than I...

I will also refrain from helping until someone with an earlier join date and more posts answers your question. Yeah, my feathers are ruffled.

I feel this thread will cause confusion for people that know less and are just trying to find a quick answer, but of course the thread with the proper information is going to be "buried" under this one in a search.

Not blaming you at all, I agree about confusing people. I was when others gave different info..Don't ever let others stop you from giving infomation that can help. It helped me...

I gave you all the information you needed, that you could have found just by reading a sticky, that I linked to you. and then someone with an earlier join date chimes in with information that he must have pulled from who knows where, and you question my knowledge. It's greatly appreciated!

Lets not get our panties in a bunch here lads. Silverton, your info was good. I don't see the problem. Don't be offended, I have double checked others information a bunch of times, as well as had mine double checked. It's good practice on a public forum, where the quality of information can vary greatly by post and poster. :beer:

Lets not get our panties in a bunch here lads. Silverton, your info was good. I don't see the problem. Don't be offended, I have double checked others information a bunch of times, as well as had mine double checked. It's good practice on a public forum, where the quality of information can vary greatly by post and poster. :beer:

x2

Take the hubs apart and regrease them if you haven't already, and check VERY closely for burrs. I caught a burr in one of my Hardbody hubs and now it takes a pair of vice grips to turn the sucker. :thumbsdown:

And I'm not sure where this difference is from the factory, but there seem to be two different styles of these hubs. I have both styles on mine (came from the same truck) and they use different length allen bolts. Maybe the newer replacement ones have the different design. With one style, the bolts sit flush with the outer case of the hub. On the other, the bolts recess in to the case about 1/8" and I think these are the ones that use smaller length bolts. If I remember correctly (at least on my '88) the auto hub bolts won't work with the manuals.

Edited by Kingman

Different spline count is all. The internal design is pretty much the same.

I've seen 28 spline Hardbody hubs with the same differences as the 27 spline hubs I have.

Take the hubs apart and regrease them if you haven't already, and check VERY closely for burrs. I caught a burr in one of my Hardbody hubs and now it takes a pair of vice grips to turn the sucker. :thumbsdown:

And I'm not sure where this difference is from the factory, but there seem to be two different styles of these hubs. I have both styles on mine (came from the same truck) and they use different length allen bolts. Maybe the newer replacement ones have the different design. With one style, the bolts sit flush with the outer case of the hub. On the other, the bolts recess in to the case about 1/8" and I think these are the ones that use smaller length bolts. If I remember correctly (at least on my '88) the auto hub bolts won't work with the manuals.

I haven't taken it apart yet, sounds like a good ideal to take apart and regrease them! THANKS!

Ok, looking at it does it comes apart by the big circlip in the back?

:scratchhead: Mine were basically 2 piece, the part that stuck on the stub shaft, and the outer hub. The outer hub has moving parts in it, but I saw no need to dismantle them.

:scratchhead: Mine were basically 2 piece, the part that stuck on the stub shaft, and the outer hub. The outer hub has moving parts in it, but I saw no need to dismantle them.

Gotcha, THANKS!

• 2 months later...

I found a hard body at the scrapyard today and it has manual hubs. I'm just not sure what year it is. I think im gonna go pull them off and see what spline they are. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for 28.