Name That Manual Hub

blackspawn

CIMG0342.jpg

Do you mean this? Its two pieces together. i took everything off all the way to the front wheel bearing.

Looking at the second pic in your first post you got everything. The part in this pic is the bearing retainer ring.

When you go to swap the new ones on, remove the outer, pull the snap ring off the stub shaft and pull everything that will slide off freely (if you need a tool to remove it, leave it alone). Remove the part that fits on the stub shaft from the new hubs and slide it on, reinstall the snap ring, then bolt the new outer on and you are set.

Edit:Just reread what you got it from, if it was a V6 Hardbody it will fit, if it was a 4cyl they will not.

Edited by GrimGreg

Looking at the second pic in your first post you got everything. The part in this pic is the bearing retainer ring.

When you go to swap the new ones on, remove the outer, pull the snap ring off the stub shaft and pull everything that will slide off freely (if you need a tool to remove it, leave it alone). Remove the part that fits on the stub shaft from the new hubs and slide it on, reinstall the snap ring, then bolt the new outer on and you are set.

Edit:Just reread what you got it from, if it was a V6 Hardbody it will fit, if it was a 4cyl they will not.

Oh crap, I can't remember if it was a 4 cylinder or not @#+!!!

Not saying that you're wrong, but I can't find anything that saids there are two different factory manual hubs for the 4 cylinder and one for the 6 cylinder engine..

i got a set from pull a part...cost me more than $16...they wont even work on my truck but i knew that from the start...just got them b/c i was pretty sure they were OEM...mine are for 86.5-92? whenever the spline count change was

That sucks, by the pic up top you can count the 28 splines out..I was just lucky as hell.

i got a set from pull a part...cost me more than $16...they wont even work on my truck but i knew that from the start...just got them b/c i was pretty sure they were OEM...mine are for 86.5-92? whenever the spline count change was

86.5-89

IIRC the reason the 4cyl didn't change was because they used the R180 diff up front and didn't make any changes to it. The V6 had a change to the 28 spline at the same time they switched to a different diff side mount on the drive axles. I'll have to do some digging to refind my info source, as it was something I came across about 10 years ago.

IIRC the reason the 4cyl didn't change was because they used the R180 diff up front and didn't make any changes to it. The V6 had a change to the 28 spline at the same time they switched to a different diff side mount on the drive axles. I'll have to do some digging to refind my info source, as it was something I came across about 10 years ago.

94' and up 4 cylinder manual hubs were 28 spline.

I have a set that I pulled off of a 95 4 cyl. I didn't count the splines but measured them with calipers. Even the minor diameter is larger than the 1.094 OD of the 27 spline axles.

James