New Member Introduction

Mr_Clean

Hi all,I'm Scott.

I bought my first Pathfinder (first Nissan actually) a couple weeks ago. It's a 95 Pathfinder SE 4x4, completely stock, with about 204K on it.

I've been lurking here ever since I got it and have already done the starter wire mod that's been thoroughly documented here. Next on my list is the timing belt since I have no idea when it was last done. From what I've read, it looks like I'll be ordering my kit from Rob over at FactoryNissanParts.com. Slowly over the next several months I'll be replacing all the bushings, tie rods, center link, ball joints, and shocks. Then I'll start looking at a small body and suspension lifts to give it a little prouder stance and give me a little more room for working on it.

A little about me... I'm 41, single dad with 2 kids, and I live north of Sacramento in CA. I've had several 4x4 rigs that I've worked on all my life, typically Chevy and Toyota's. I needed to get a 2nd vehicle so my son could have something available for him to drive (he gets his license in 2 weeks...) and the Pathfinder fit the bill perfectly. Although I live about 45 minutes from the Rubicon, this will be more of a hunting, fishing, light trails rig that my son can take to school and work.

I'd like to thank everyone for all the great posts already, they've been extremely helpful!

Here's a few pictures.

Pathfinder1.jpg

Pathfinder2.jpg

Thanks again!

-Scott

Welcome Scott, and congrats on the 'new' Pathy (for your son, of course ;)). As Mr. Clean, does that mean you have a gleaming bald head, 2 gold hoop earrings and spend time in a row boat??

I'm glad you are finding the site helpful so far, most things should be well covered. As for the timing belt, the recommended change interval is 105k miles, so assuming the PO had the first one changed in a timely fashion, you are right on cue. The truck looks good, but I don't get those fog lights. I thought all '95s had the fog lights in the bumper next to the signal light (you literally cut the grid out and screw the light in). They must be aftermarket, where is the switch? So you have a light switch on the center console next to the parking brake?

North of Sac, eh? I lived in Lincoln for a short time, but have spent a long time ranging from Marysville to Auburn/Colfax/Forrest Hill all the way over to Placerville, even Cisco Grove and Norden. Great area to be!! :aok:

B

Thanks for the welcome and compliments!

Yes, it is an auto trans. I was planning on adding a trans cooler and probably an aux filter too. There's quite a bit to do on it, so I've been trying to prioritize all the little jobs, and that seems like a good one to tackle while doing the timing belt.

I've been curious about the fog lights myself. It does have the switch on the console, but most I see have the lights mounted in the bumper. Not sure what is going on there... I haven't checked to see if the stock switch works the lights or not, but there's no aux switches... That will be another fun day of investigation...

I actually live in Loomis, just down Sierra College Blvd from Lincoln. Pretty much grew up out here, so I've been through all those areas. Lots of great areas for outdoor recreation!

-Scott

Oh yeah, and I do have a shiny bald head, no gold hoop earrings, but I do try to spend as much time as I can in the boat (usually for fishing purposes though)!

Edited by Mr_Clean

Those definitely look like aftermarket fogs. The factory wiring would be long enough to reach that location though, is this the switch you have in the center console? Excuse the dirtiness, but it is mostly a wheeler!

IMG_20110707_152703.jpg

Those definitely look like aftermarket fogs. The factory wiring would be long enough to reach that location though, is this the switch you have in the center console? Excuse the dirtiness, but it is mostly a wheeler!

yep, same exact switch. It looks like they were spliced into the factory wiring. 1 green and 1 black wire per light are spliced into the lights. Looks like the green and black wires are factory.

nice lookin base for a round dash 4 door :lol:

As Mr. Clean, does that mean you have a gleaming bald head, 2 gold hoop earrings and spend time in a row boat??

B

as usual, thanks for a laugh B :rofl:

you got a lucky kid, not only buyin him a vechile, but a 4x4 suv (and a wd21 to boot! only thing to make it sweeter is if it were a 2 door!) You've obviously been lookin around here as you got youself a good lookin list to tackle off the bat :aok: Welcome!

Well just to be clear... The Pathfinder is mine... but it will be available for him to drive.

I fully intend to take it out playing myself, but I need him to be able to take himself to school, work, and run errands for me so the 2nd vehicle was necessary!

I've been curious about the fog lights myself. It does have the switch on the console, but most I see have the lights mounted in the bumper. Not sure what is going on there... I haven't checked to see if the stock switch works the lights or not, but there's no aux switches... That will be another fun day of investigation...

I actually live in Loomis, just down Sierra College Blvd from Lincoln. Pretty much grew up out here, so I've been through all those areas. Lots of great areas for outdoor recreation!

-Scott

Oh yeah, and I do have a shiny bald head, no gold hoop earrings, but I do try to spend as much time as I can in the boat (usually for fishing purposes though)!

My only real thought about the lights is that they could easily get damaged off road mounted like that. Here is a thought, you could mount those on top of the bumper in front of the grill and put in a set of the stock ones also, having double the light without a light bar or whatever. Here is what the stock ones look like...

NewPathy002p.jpg

Just throwing it out there. It so happens I have a brand new set for sale, but that is not why I brought it up. :whistle:

Yep most of my time in the foothills and mountains area was when I was younger, skiing, fishing and dirtbike riding. I've been through Loomis plenty of times and was actually looking at buying some property up in Auburn to move there about 5 years ago. I still might buy some land to go visit at times...

Looking good there Bud!! :aok:

mrcleanpeters2005.jpg

JK :lol:

B

There seems to be a shortage of Northern California pathfinders around this site. They have all either sold their pathfinder or it broke down and they had not resources to fix it.

I think Me and B are the last few remaining here.

If you feel up to it I would be glad to go on some trips to the sierras above sonora so you can really test that pathfinder out