Lifts,Bullbars,headlight repairs and exhaust replacments! Skids plates too

NextToAlaska

So iam sorry for being that jerk that doesnt use the search button.

Iam mainly going to be using my Pathy for Fishing/hunting and hauling my junk up the Desert and Deep Creek!

Money is kinda a option as I dont make it rain anymore

A little more clearence would be nice as my Trailer hitch currently hits stumps and other crap when i have my trailer on. Do they make 1.5 or 2 inch lifts for a pathy or would i have to go 2.5? and I know my prices are going to be abit different then all of yours, But how much did it run you?. If iam going to go for a lift id like to do a good job on it and not Dog-F part of it.

Bullbar is pretty low on my priority list but id still love one! =D, How much have you guys spent on them with the skid plate on the bottom aswell.

Punched a hole in one of my headlights, Should i just go ahead and replace or do you think if i put some clear silicone apoxy on there it'd work out pretty good for awhile?

As for my exhaust, iam thinking of replacing with a new stock one, or a performance exhaust. if iam going performance id like it to add a nice sound to my truck if iam going to spend the extra money. What do you all have on yours. and do you enjoy the sound it make... (non of that Dancing devil sounding stuff please) on my girlfriends truck i put a MBRP exhaust setup on it. Sounds great but they dont make those for pathys =(

Last question! If i get a bullbar with a skid plate, Should i get another?, And diff Guards? should i get some of those for the front/back?

Any other protective equipment i should get for my truck before i undertake real offroading?.

Iam sorry for the massive wall of text and my ability to ask more questions then help solve. Iam still learning this automotive game.

Thanks, Kyle Aka Next to Alaska!

Name is Kyle... The irony :chairfall: (n/m)

This is going to end up with search nazis and widely varying opinions, I see it already.

On my phone so I'm gonna limit my usefulness for the moment...

Protection-REAL bumpers and some rock sliders

Diff protection-don't remember seeing anyone with any issues there

Headlight-hole in light is never a good thing, using silicone or something is going to distort the light coming through. Affect anything? Couldn't tell you

Cheap lift-search JGC coils

Exhaust-opinions differ between EVERYONE

That's it for now...

When I got my Pathy, it had a hole in the headlight. It was near the bottom, so I just sealed it up with a little epoxy. I replaced it later with one from the junkyard, which I don't think cost more than $5-10. It's not like it could the headlights any worse, right?

There's a steering idler arm which is apparently a weak spot, you can buy/fabricate a brace that strengthens it.

A word of warning doing the exhaust, the old headers will be a pain to take off. The studs don't like parting with the block.

Poke around a bit and you'll find loads of info... that's what I'm doing.

Edited by Slartibartfast

His info says 1998 (r50) so the JGC coils and idler arm doesn't apply to him, correct?

As for the hole in the headlight, I drove a D720 for 10 years that had a hole in one headlight. It would fill 1/2 up with water every winter and slosh around. The light never failed so don't worry about yours other than watching the part out section for when you can buy a cheap replacement.

For all those other questions, I highly recommend you go to the R50 section (1996-2004) and read up. ;)

B

His info says 1998 (r50) so the JGC coils and idler arm doesn't apply to him, correct?

B

My bad, mobile site don't have the info on the side. Know what they say about assuming...

you can get more detailed results if you search around here a bit. You are limited to 2 cheap lifts between 1.5" and 2" the only other none custom lift is a subframe drop (SFD) which will give you 4" so you can put bigger tires on. OME and AC are the two brands of lift kits check them out at 4x4parts.com . fluery build skid plates, great quality, good prices. Bull bars and brush guards, you'll find only 00-04 pathfinder ones but they will fit the 96-99.5 but just have a little more space between the bumper/grill and bullbar. And exhaust, you have to build your own custom exhaust, nothing except OEM replacement, I think it's bosal or something like that that makes one. I have about 6 leaks in mine and have just been too lazy to replace it.

A guy with the website tacticalarmorgroup.com makessome legit frontand rear bumpers for the r50 along with other cool things...I was fairly happy with the product I got kinda slow and make sure to order the correct things