Hello All!

Figured I'd quit lurking around here and join up. :) I've got a 1995 SE 4x4 Pathy with the three liter, the auto trans (no issues yet!), and a few bumps and scratches (mostly from the previous owner, though I've added a few scuffs). First thing I did with it was blow out the factory Clarions in the doors. Of course, I had no idea what had happened, so I ended up walking around the truck on the side of the road looking for what was making the whump whump whump sound. :stickwack: Since then I replaced the factory stereo and the front speakers. I don't take it off road much, but it's done beautifully in the snow. I don't have much of a budget to pour into it but I'm considering a set of driving lights to supplement the Bic lighters it comes with.

Future plans depend mostly on how much more I find wrong with it. I do plan to undercoat it once it gets good and hot outside.

P1010006-14.jpg

P1010004-11.jpg

I found out that replacing a headlight involves tearing the whole front end apart.

P1010008-11.jpg

The rear floor, of course, needed some work. My uncle welded in two patches, one cut from a wrecked 93.

P1010014-6.jpg

We also snagged a fender flare from the 93, but to our surprise, the mounts were totally different. :shrug:

After I got the seats back in, I noticed that all of the little clips that hold up the seat belt receivers were broken off. Good idea, lousy execution. Nothing a little fence wire can't solve!

P1010059.jpg

I plan to take it out camping this summer, and perhaps have some fun on back roads. :) Maybe get it good and dirty and get you guys some better pics. And maybe, I'll get it to stop smelling like pine-scented kerosene. (Long story.)

I've looked around here a bit, and seen some really cool stuff. :popcorn: Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next.

(If my pictures are too big let me know, and I'll resize.)

Edited by Slartibartfast

nice rig! thanks for sharing :) make sure you put a trans cooler on the autotragic, #1 mod for any auto. ;)

if you drive in a salted area (do they salt in WA?) make sure you protect your frame with some sort of rustproofing.

looks like you and your pathy are going to have some good times this summer! enjoy! :beer:

who would want a white truck.... :lol:

Definatly poke around the wd21 section, garage section, and some of the how-to. some good info and neat little gems hidden throughout there. The members rides sections will give you some ideas to steal as well.

When I had my Hardbody a guy I know bought a brand new (back than) Toyota extra cab SR5 4x4 BRIGHT white, I thought it looked really good, I wanted to find a white hardbody but never did. I think a really clean white truck looks good, especially lifted.

Hey SBF, welcome to NPORA!! Here is something for the budget conscious, there is a write up in the Garage/How To section to rewire the headlights with relays directly from the battery that makes them at least 50% brighter. It doesn't cost much at all and will help a lot... :aok:

B

Hey SBF, welcome to NPORA!! Here is something for the budget conscious, there is a write up in the Garage/How To section to rewire the headlights with relays directly from the battery that makes them at least 50% brighter. It doesn't cost much at all and will help a lot... :aok:

B

I think he was talking about the fog/driving lamps, but a headlight rewire is definitely necessary on these vehicles!

Thanks guys. :) The white helps loads with finding it in a parking lot. :D

Luckily they don't salt here, but it does need new undercoat on the frame rails. I took it down to the self carwash and blasted the dirt off, and I'm just waiting for a few hot days before I spray rubber, assuming the famous Pathy frame rot hasn't moved in yet.

The driveway's a little crooked where I took the pictures, but I'll check the height side to side next time I'm parked somewhere flat. (That's how you tell if the sway bars are wonky, right?)

I knew about the headlights (found this site looking for a wiring diagram :)) but when I hooked up a spare light direct to the battery, it didn't seem any brighter. Then again, I'm running the stock 55/65 watts, so the drop may not be as pronounced as with better bulbs. I'll get to it eventually, just figured driving lights would be easier for now. (That, and I'd rather have the driving lights as backup in case I have to go somewhere before I finish the rewire.)

And yeah, the fogs are good, my dad rewired them with a relay. I don't know if they got brighter, though, as they didn't work when we got it.

The trans cooler is definitely on the table. I did a little research and found a few that weren't too expensive (especially compared to the cost of a new trans!). Do you guys recommend a specific unit? I know to get 20k GVW or better, but are there better/worse brands or styles?

I'm just finding all sorts of places to put money into this thing!

Edited by Slartibartfast

Thanks guys. :) The white helps loads with finding it in a parking lot. :D

The trans cooler is definitely on the table. I did a little research and found a few that weren't too expensive (especially compared to the cost of a new trans!). Do you guys recommend a specific unit? I know to get 20k GVW or better, but are there better/worse brands or styles?

guys n GALS ... saves you getting :stickwack: by me n pezzy lol!

any decent trans cooler will do, when i worked at u haul i got myself one of theirs. get one large enough and you'll be fine.

pathy's are money pits. you will always be finding new ways to improve..... just ask me... I've spent over $5k between my 2 babies... (i have an affliction for building engines)

The stacked plate type is the most efficient (hence compact also) and the tube/fin type is the least efficient and the most delicate.

Any vehicle you start modifying will be like that. Here you have a great support group... :D

B

The driveway's a little crooked where I took the pictures, but I'll check the height side to side next time I'm parked somewhere flat. (That's how you tell if the sway bars are wonky, right?)

Welcome to NPORA. What you're checking is the torsion bars, which are the springs in the front suspension. Sway bars won't cause a lean.

Welcome to NPORA. What you're checking is the torsion bars, which are the springs in the front suspension. Sway bars won't cause a lean.

Thanks. Silverton said it looked like the torsion bars could use adjustment, and I assumed that's what he meant.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it figured out. :) Herp derp.

Edited by Slartibartfast