CEL light on...again.

NissanNismoZ

Ok, so it runs worse, but what are the voltages? Try to give it gas to get it up to 2000 rpm or something, measure terminal C at the MAF, check to make sure the voltage is good, measure pin 16 at ECU, check to make sure voltage is good etc.

He tried that and there seems to be voltage interference. I suggested that he disconnects the alternator and takes the voltages again. Apparently the extra voltage is only present when the engine is running.

Ok, so it runs worse, but what are the voltages? Try to give it gas to get it up to 2000 rpm or something, measure terminal C at the MAF, check to make sure the voltage is good, measure pin 16 at ECU, check to make sure voltage is good etc.

Did that, and it wasnt showing any voltage.. :/

MAF wasnt sending anything out with my wiring..i was thinking..ok..since pin B is a ground, should i ground it while it runs to the ECU from the MAF or..what?

I'll try the alty thing when i get time :)

Thanks guys!!

CEL went off as soon as i pulled into work..and came back on as soon as i pulled into my drive way.. hmm..i noticed (ECU never game ME the code) the scan tool i used on it only showed MAF and speed sensor (ECU never read the code for that to me, only the scan tool... so could it be related to the speed sensor? cruise control lioght always quits, starts flickering, then the CEL comes on.. so..could it be that?

I had the same problem with the speed sensor it turned out to be a leak in the windshield messing up the wiring but it had the same symptoms, the truck would be humming along fine, then the cruise would stop and blink, and I'd get a CEL. Maybe you have a loose connection under there.

Actually it wasn't the windshield it was where the plastic clip things that hold the screws for the trim go. The water dribbled into there and would cause me all sorts of grief. It started right after the new windshield was installed, the shop fixed it no questions asked.