Rocky Road Outfitters - *Thumbs down*

96Pathfinder4x4

Placed an order for $525 for coils, and rear OME shocks, last Wednesday. Today is Monday afternoon and haven't received a notice of shipping confirmation.

Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Bryce'

Bryce: what can we help you with?

you: Order #2170-2262-5554

you: Haven't received a shipping notice, so wanted to check on it. Thanks!

Bryce: you just missed our last stock order so it will be placed on the next one next week. You are looking about 3-4 weeks out before you see it

you: ok. Then i would like to cancel the order. 4-5 weeks is a helluva long lead time!

Bryce: no prob, I will cancel it

you: I just bought the truck and it needs an alignment...the suspension is shot, so I need to replace the suspension and get things rolling....literally.

you: when should I receive the confirmation of cancellation?

Bryce: there wont be one, our system isnt set up that way. But it is cancelled and you will see a refund later today

I would not recommend them to anyone....off to 4x4parts to spend my $$$...once it's refunded. Uggh!

I got my Thorley headers through Rocky Roads and got decent service, even having the rep call the factory to find out when they would ship. I had to wait weeks, but that was Thorley, not them. They had a great price too, $406 IIRC.

Certainly make your own judgements, but I don't think your experience was necessarily typical. FYI AC has some weird lead/ship times on some prducts too. Unfortunately, off road accessory shopping for Nissans isn't quite like a trip to Safeway...

Rugged Rocks is owned by Steeeeevo, an active member here and a great guy who is good to work with, has good prices and actually develops new products. :aok:

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/

B

I live about 45 min away from RRO, so I've never had a problem. Also, dirty little secret, I worked for them long ago. I understand that they have gone way down hill since then though. They are reviled in the Suzuki community for their poor customer service. But everyone has a story, right?

For your OME stuff check out Cruiser Outfitters. They are primarily a Land Cruiser place, but they are one of the largest ARB distributors in the West, so they can get anything. I ordered my OME stuff from them on a Thursday and got them the next Thursday. Outstanding customer service and competitive pricing.

• 2 weeks later...
... Rugged Rocks is owned by Steeeeevo, an active member here and a great guy who is good to work with, has good prices and actually develops new products. :aok:

B

oh... I did not know RR's owner is part of NPORA :)

dang... c'mon SteeeevO, ship my coils so I can be cool like the rest of NPORA!!! :treadmill:

off to 4x4parts to spend my $$$...once it's refunded. Uggh!

yeah...well....good luck with that....you'll be hard pressed to find a company that is more widely renowned for being arrogant toward their customers, highly incompetent, and insists ....yes insists after being told the facts....on posting false fitment information on their site. You've been warned...

I got my Thorley headers through Rocky Roads and got decent service, even having the rep call the factory to find out when they would ship. I had to wait weeks, but that was Thorley, not them. They had a great price too, $406 IIRC.

Certainly make your own judgements, but I don't think your experience was necessarily typical. FYI AC has some weird lead/ship times on some prducts too. Unfortunately, off road accessory shopping for Nissans isn't quite like a trip to Safeway...

Rugged Rocks is owned by Steeeeevo, an active member here and a great guy who is good to work with, has good prices and actually develops new products. :aok:

B

Same here, I have ordered from them a couple times in the past (once for the Pathy) and have never had a problem. Last thing I ordered, was done via ebay, but I spoke with them directly, all went smooth. :aok:

• 5 weeks later...