brake lines

tsailor21

My Braided Stainless lines from 4x4parts.com just showed up yesterday. 3" longer at the T and 2" longer at the calipers.

I am thuroughly impressed with the visual quality of these lines and the clean fittings.

Suspension or body lift? Either way you be good. The only place there is a line difference with a BL is right off the master and the way the line is coiled it stretchs/straitens out enough with 0 I'll effect, rubber lines take any Sus differences, worst case scenario is make a small spacer for the rear line off the axle.

i also got the 5-piece s.s. braided line kit form 4x4parts.com. They are very good quality and have ample length on the front corners and rear center lines. The length of the rear corners don't make a difference. IIR you have to have some extra copper crush washers for them when installing.

yeah they only provided copper washers for my front banjos. Also they gave me their 27" line instead of the normal 3" extended line (20")

27inline.jpg

shown as 9" longer than my 1" extension.

I had to re-use my brass block because theirs was defective and my front flare nuts rounded off before they got loose. (never been touched in 20 yrs).

So yeah It would seem like a straight forward task but mine took all afternoon.

Yup, a leaking hardline led me to replace the whole rear brake plumbing. Not fun when you have frozen flare nuts and cheap ........ p.a./harbor freight flare nut wrenches. The tolerances on cheap wrenches are horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah they only provided copper washers for my front banjos. Also they gave me their 27" line instead of the normal 3" extended line (20")

27inline.jpg

shown as 9" longer than my 1" extension.

I had to re-use my brass block because theirs was defective and my front flare nuts rounded off before they got loose. (never been touched in 20 yrs).

So yeah It would seem like a straight forward task but mine took all afternoon.

I'm gonna be going with braided lines this summer. AC sent you a defective brass block? That's not a good thing. Anyone else have issues with the 4x4parts braided lines?