You thought the last thing was bad, lol

so, I didnt have a bumper. I searched all the junkyards and every pathy in the yard has been nosedived into something. I got all the parts BUT the center MAIN piece, and ordered it new. its like sheetmetal! what the heck? is that the way they are supposed to be? I wanted, needed, something stronger.

anyways. a dude owed me a favor, so I gave him my metal leftovers from the "cage" build (lets not go there, lol) and he sends me this pic.

ugh. crap. so. mannnnnn where to start?

(yes, I know the winch is pathetic. its just for pulling racecars off trailers and stuff.)

I have yet to see it in person. but it looks like the bars go across the headlights. which is retarded. Im wondering how to fix this problem without having the guy rebuild the whole thing?

maybe make a second beam out of square tube at the bottom and stack this on top of it?

this time I welcome criticism. this thing in my opinion is ridiculous. Ill use this info to pass along to the guy who built it.

0307111831.jpg

concept was... different, maby if it was at least moved up it would flow a little better. looks like its mounted a bit low. But whats up with that bird in the background? Any ideas how all it's mounted?

concept was... different, maby if it was at least moved up it would flow a little better. looks like its mounted a bit low. But whats up with that bird in the background? Any ideas how all it's mounted?

Its a customs shop, they have all sorts of cool stuff around in different stages of being built.

I think, from the looks of it, its welded right to the big metal support under the radiator? not sure. haven't seen it in person. it maybe looks like they welded the rectangle tubing right to the frame extensions where the bumper stays bolt on. at least those are designed to crumple on impact. (from what Ive seen at the junkyards, lol)

Personally, i would have him cut off the round tubing, and start from scratch, give him a picture of a toyota trail gear one, start with a stinger, bring two tubes off of the sides of it, one on each side, and have them be gussets. have him tuck the bumper closer into the body of the truck. the closer it is, the better off. ohh and no light guards, unless they are bent around the lights, and with about and inch or so of room in between the tubing and lights. and i would personally have him put in a type of blinker into the bumper, weather its a standard cheepo one from napa, or an LED one. But keep in mind, that if you use the LED one you will need a transformer box for them to work right.

Dont look bad, looks like something you'd see on a mud truck that bashs trees a lot. I personally would leave it alone since I like it.

It has the looks of a Roo bar or deer killer you see on semi's.

And I dont think thats a bird in the back ground, it looks like a early to mid second gen 'maro that still had metal bumpers, minus the bumper and hood.

Have him move it up 6", and in about 3"...then you will have a pretty good fitting bumper

I agree on the tubing bender....I'd have him cut it off and weld on a premade stinger if you want the stinger look...I'm looking to put on the $50 stinger from rustys offroad, and there are many out there to choose from, some with headlight protection, some without.

Or you could take it as is, chop it up to how you want it, and take it to an offroad fabricator who has a bender to make it how you want. Oh yeah, and he still owes you a favor...

well, they have a bender, but I wanted to keep the squared off look, so I asked them not to bend the tubes actually. Ill look at these "stingers" you have mentioned.

they called to have me come pick it up, so I guess Ill see what they finished up with. (sigh)

well, they have a bender, but I wanted to keep the squared off look, so I asked them not to bend the tubes actually. Ill look at these "stingers" you have mentioned.

they called to have me come pick it up, so I guess Ill see what they finished up with. (sigh)

depending on the bend and bender, they can do a tight 90 on your conrners, it will look much nicer.. just saying.

its functional now.. but the corners near your lights are kinda fugly. (thats just my opinion, and you can call my cage fugly, cause it kinda is..lol)

depending on the bend and bender, they can do a tight 90 on your conrners, it will look much nicer.. just saying.

its functional now.. but the corners near your lights are kinda fugly. (thats just my opinion, and you can call my cage fugly, cause it kinda is..lol)

till i see it in person, I wont know for sure. but it just looked to me like the bars go across the lights. and we all know those headlights are dim to start with. lol

So i picked it up and towed it home by the bumper mounted towbar. works great. its ugly, but functional, which is all that REALLY matters I guess. the bars are a lil low, but not across the headlights like I thought. across the top maybe, but not covering too much.

they welded some big tabs on the face of the bumper for the towbar to hook up to, and it works.

the way they welded the angles on the bumper you cant really tuck it back any further, and it does have the winch sitting back there too, so not so bad all in all.

if its gonna be ugly, i'll make it really ugly, with big D-rings and tow hooks and a receiver port, all that. lol

So i picked it up and towed it home by the bumper mounted towbar. works great. its ugly, but functional, which is all that REALLY matters I guess. the bars are a lil low, but not across the headlights like I thought. across the top maybe, but not covering too much.

they welded some big tabs on the face of the bumper for the towbar to hook up to, and it works.

the way they welded the angles on the bumper you cant really tuck it back any further, and it does have the winch sitting back there too, so not so bad all in all.

if its gonna be ugly, i'll make it really ugly, with big D-rings and tow hooks and a receiver port, all that. lol

do some research,

pathfinders are not to be flat towed.

Improper lubrication in the T case occurs.

uh oh. Ill have to look at that. what if I put the tcase in neutral as well?

http://maxima.theowensfamily.com/tsb/NTB99-020c.pdf

whew! I was scared for a minute. says here flat towing a manual tranny is OK. auto trannys BIG no no.

I knew stick shifts were good for something!

I know when I measured for making my own winch bumper it didn't need to stick out that far (as far as it looks like your's does) to fit a 9000lb Warn.