Rim Painting

conor356

Like the title says, I'm wondering if painting the rims on my pathy is worth pursuing... Has anyone attempted this with the chrome rims and if so, do you have pics?

Not a problem there, my buddy owns a sandblaster, I'm just trying to get an idea of what it would look like..if I don't paint them, I'll buy some black 15 bullet-hole wheels, just wanna save the $250 plus I would spend on them...

What's the worst that can happen? You don't like em and go a different route you have a backup plan of anyway! I say just go for it and color em as you want, plenty of people do it with lego wheels. Only persons opinion that matters anyway is your own :aok:

I used the duplicolor paint on my chrome wheels. It called shadow and is made to paint over chrome wheels. It gives it a black chrome look. I left the outside edge where the wheel weights go chrome.

I can take some pics for ya tomorrow. I just cleaned the wheels and used a tack cloth before spraying. No sanding of the chrome. Imagine black chrome if that makes any sense. Also the more coats, the darker the finish.