Got Pathy? Got Pics ! =]

Westy

Hi all

I haven't bought my Pathy yet, but am very excited about it. I'm currently looking at 2000/2001 Pathfinder R50.

I'm taking my time with the research to find out exactly what I want, and then to find it.

I would be using it as a daily drive, weekend offroading on mainly sand-dunes, and hopefully pulling a ski-boat.

I guess the first things I would look into are a Suspension Lift and bigger tyres.

I know y'all love photos, so here is my current ride...

2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Eibach Lowered Suspension, VMR V701 Wheels, Injen Dual Cone Intake

Jan2011a.jpg

Persian2.jpg

See ya's round.

Pete

Edited by Westy

G'day Pete, welcome mate. Not sure about the caR50, so will leave that up to the people in the know, let me know when you have your Pathy, Im down in Kwinana, so will have to meet up so you can take me for a spin in the beamer and do a bit of beach work.

great to meet someone local!!

My house is getting built in Hammond Park and nearing completion, so will be quite close to Kwinana. =]

Any good local places to source parts from? Or do you do what we do in the Bimmer world and buy everything online from the states? :)

ps. will be heading down for a beach run near Alkimos area this Saturday around lunch time-ish with a few mates in their forbi's

Edited by Westy

Hello Westy, welcome to NPORA!!

If the model years down under went the same way as up over, the difference you are looking at is mainly the VG33 motor for the 2000 and the VQ35 for the 2001. Both are good motors and it comes down to 175hp and timing belt VS 225hp, timing chain and coil packs. A case can be made for either engine, but if you plan to tow you probably should lean towards the VQ35.

B

People starting to learn we likes pictures! The Beemer is a little newer than my taste but wouldn't turn down a whip in it :aok: and watch out for Dave there... He likes giving pantsless hugs to strange men!

haha still here.

I don't think Australia got the VQ35DE, even for the 2001 model up. AFAIK Only the VG33 here unfortunately.

We went to the playground again today. My mate bought a Holden Jackaroo (Isuzu/Chevy Trooper) earlier this week so we put it to the test. Great power!! just needs better tyres.

More pictures, sorry for lack of Pathy pics.

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

those pics look good mate, lancelin..?

good too see another perth guy around here!

let us know when you get ur pathy and we can organize a mundaring trip with dave or something

Nah its up in Alkimos area.

Mundaring sounds good... will let ya's know :)