Hello! ***UPDATE with PICS***

cbr900boy

Hello all. I am a proud new owner of a 1993 Nissan Pathfinder XE, 5speed with LSD. This is the first 4x4 I’ve ever owned and I can’t wait to start building her up. I also own a 2001 Toyota 4runner but it’s a 4x2. I caught the off roading bug when I went with a few of my friends on some trails and let me tell you how frustrating it was always getting stuck. I finally had enough so I began doing some research on solid rigs within a tight budget. The WD21 seemed to be the ideal choice. I scoured Craigslist for about 4 months until I finally found a 93 4x4 XE with a manual transmission. I didn’t want an automatic due to the issues plaguing them. $1400 bucks and she was all mine. You can imagine the smile on my face when I saw the orange LSD sticker on the rear diff.

She won’t win any beauty contests but after I am done with her she will definitely be a capable off roader.

Things I have done so far:

-Fixed front door lock

-New front / rear bumper

-Rear tire carrier off of a 95 from a salvage yard ($75 bucks baby)

-Removed old nasty window tint…pain in the arse!!!

-Cleaned out the nasty interior

-New catalytic converter to pass smog

-Ordered new upper and lower ball joints and inner and out tie rods

-Ordered 3” AC lift Kit

-New Amsoil in the tranny, front / rear diffs, transfer case, engine

-Basic tune-up

***Update***

Hello all, here are some new pics of my rig with upgrades, enjoy.

Right.jpg

RearGarage.jpg

Left.jpg

LeftRear.jpg

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Had them welded to the rear frame.

DRing.jpg

Mile Marker Hubs.

Hub.jpg

Edited by cbr900boy

Howdy and welcome!! Sounds like you are on the right track already. Those tires should fit, but how tall are they in inches?? 31" is generally the max size for a stock WD21 but conditions vary. Good looking 4 runner, too bad it is only 2x4...

CBR900RR I'm guessing?? Where in Cali are you?? I have a CBR1100XX I'll be selling soon. I'd say we should go for a ride, but I'm not sure you can keep up... :tongue:

B

Welcome mate, the runner looks clean, but the tyres on it are going to waste if its 4 x 2 only.

And never mind B, it takes him an hour to warm up the zimmer frame just to make it to his bike, he has to find you first to be in front.

honestly it seems once addressed correctly people don't have issues with the autos :shrug: meh, I aint gotta worry abou tthat anyway. Clean lookin 3rd Gen, I have a wing fo rone of them I was gonna put on my wifes 94 but it already has the correct one... and I be lazy :lol:

:welcome:

where do you see a CBR in those pics? My glasses must be really dirty

glasses MUST be dirty didn't even see his name until just now, I'll go back to being quiet now

Edited by ahardb0dy

Howdy and welcome!! Sounds like you are on the right track already. Those tires should fit, but how tall are they in inches?? 31" is generally the max size for a stock WD21 but conditions vary. Good looking 4 runner, too bad it is only 2x4...

CBR900RR I'm guessing?? Where in Cali are you?? I have a CBR1100XX I'll be selling soon. I'd say we should go for a ride, but I'm not sure you can keep up... :tongue:

B

I'm in Pasadena. I had a CBR900 for about 7 years...great bike. I finally sold it and got an R1, also a great bike. Sold that last year.

Both good bikes, especially in the twisties. My XX needs some room to stretch her legs which is 1/2 of the reason I'm parting with her. The other 1/2 is that her legs are just too damn long... ;)

So 265/75/16 equal 31.5x10.5x16" flotation size and I have 31"x10.5"x15 on 15x8 4"BS rims on my 95XE. I seriously you will have any issues running those.

B

i need to know what possessed you to buy a 2 wheel drive SUV

oh well, at least you can swap wheels and tires with the pathfinder. they should fit OK, but might rub on the mudflaps

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

when were those water crossing pics taken?

I haven't seen water that deep on those trails in YEARS. maybe early spring?

Nice truck BTW! I really like the black. At times wish mine was black.

Edited by SteeevO

• 2 weeks later...