Nissan wants you in a video l!!!

Slick

Oh, I get it Slick, King CaCa. I might watch that....

I havent recieved any emails at this point. Not that Im worried about it or anything. But as Morpheus stated, sounds a little strange. I got a email from a BMW "higher up", that wanted to give me a car.....SCAM. I tought the same thing when I read this email about using videos.

BTW, I have some money tied up in a offshore account. I need $5000 to transfer the funds, which I dont have. Does anyone want to give me thier Back account number and routing number so I can transfer it over? I will pay you back $10k for the help! :laugh:

Anyone remember the thread that had the guy who sold his bike to a guy in Somalia or something like that. Ended up being a scammer in a town not far from him? Good Lord dont let that happen here.

But what are they going to scam in this situation? All their doing is getting people to sign a release waiver for their videos, which effectively gives them (whoever that may be) free license to do what they want with the video. Unless there are clauses hidden in the contract, the worst that could happen is they get "scammed" into allowing someone else to use their video. There are no bank account numbers, payments, or promises to pay or recompense involved.

I still think the email sent out looks amateur hour, and my gut reaction is the marketing firm gave the job to an unsupervised intern to complete. I'm not in marketing, but I've worked in several public accounting firms, and if I sent an email even closely resembling that to a client or potential client (or anyone for that matter) I would have been skinned alive.

But what are they going to scam in this situation? All their doing is getting people to sign a release waiver for their videos, which effectively gives them (whoever that may be) free license to do what they want with the video. Unless there are clauses hidden in the contract, the worst that could happen is they get "scammed" into allowing someone else to use their video. There are no bank account numbers, payments, or promises to pay or recompense involved.

I still think the email sent out looks amateur hour, and my gut reaction is the marketing firm gave the job to an unsupervised intern to complete. I'm not in marketing, but I've worked in several public accounting firms, and if I sent an email even closely resembling that to a client or potential client (or anyone for that matter) I would have been skinned alive.

We were sitting here chatting about that, and what if you've given them free reign to use that video for whatever they want, and they turn around and use your video to prove to congress that 4 wheeling should be banned and illegal and it destroys the environment.

I know that statement sounds stupid, but I've just got the "what-if" attitude when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I'm not feeling very optimistic about it, I hope that I'm wrong and look forward to seeing a great pathfinder video!

I do agree, the writing (THIS IS NOT SPAM!!!) made me wonder.

The worst that could happen... I know nige brought of the concern (on our Canadian board) of someone using the vids to use AGAINST the offroading community. And unless you have your tinfoil hat on, you might be concerned that the vids could be used against your insurance, or warranty (which, is not really an issue for most of us). I really don't see this being the case.

I would think, and I am no lawyer, you could get a written description of what the videos will be used for. Just saying they will be used in advertisement is kind of general. Maybe a written and signed disclosure letter of possible use should be asked about. Youtube videos are property of the poster and youtube, IIRC. Maybe IM just talking out my bum.

And then if they don't keep their word the americans on the forum can do what americans do best and sue for a @!*%load of money. So win win either way!

:lol:

no offense but a lot of americans talk about suing each other all the time.

some of us americans are the brunt side of that.

like i was sued by a drug addict, and guess what, he won. what great americanism, right? maybe i should just come to where the bacon is cheap, and the legal system will just leave me alone! :chairfall:

And then if they don't keep their word the americans on the forum can do what americans do best and sue for a @!*%load of money. So win win either way!

no offense but a lot of americans talk about suing each other all the time.

Adam, I am going to sue you for making such an untrue statement about Americans! How dare you tell such lies? I'll see you in court!

And yes, I gave them permission to use my videos as well. :aok: If some of our trucks make it into a commercial you guys will have to tell me about it as I don't have TV.

Some people only hear about Americans when it's something dumb (like suing for turning on cruise control and getting up to make a sandwich in your RV)

For the most part Americans are great people :beer:

David, are you a real hobbit? No TV..... Thought you were from th US, not middle earth :lol:

k/k man

Getting back on topic though, WTF is up with their website? You guy's gimmie shet for being upside down, at least I'm not 90 degrees out P...

We were sitting here chatting about that, and what if you've given them free reign to use that video for whatever they want, and they turn around and use your video to prove to congress that 4 wheeling should be banned and illegal and it destroys the environment.

I know that statement sounds stupid, but I've just got the "what-if" attitude when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I'm not feeling very optimistic about it, I hope that I'm wrong and look forward to seeing a great pathfinder video!

Fair enough. I latched on to the examples that 5523Pathfinder gave and was largely responding to those, but you make a very good point.

I have a lot of these emails in the last few days. I think they sent one for each video I have uploaded of a pathy. I have been assuming they were spam...

*edited to say: I just sent them my email address... Think I can squeeze them for a few $$$? You know they are making money, and I did sweat a little making some of those videos. lmao

Edited by TrailChaser

Getting back on topic though, WTF is up with their website? You guy's gimmie shet for being upside down, at least I'm not 90 degrees out P...

LMAO!! I wasn't a fan of their site either.

• 1 month later...

hi ya guys ,, im new to the site... so hello all. lol

i have received the same email regarding the nissan promotion. i signed n emailed the waiver back and have heard nothing since...?? has anyone else heard anything since they first received the request??