confused kid.

synthetic

just did my drivers side front wheel bearing.. was a biatch until i realized my damn hub siezed and had my cv axle engaged.. then came to find out brakes were somehow stuck to my rotor. wtf. i don't get itttt. so lost and i still have something of that original death rattle in cabin at 50-60 but as soon as i hit 70mph she's smooth. i don't get it.

probably should start my own thread for that one.. but bearings are not that hard. i did discover that the oil seal orielly gave me with my bearings n stuff did not.. and i mean at all, want to fit right so i just reinstalled the old one after stuffing new grease in there. it wasn't in terrible shape?

and now i have another issue.. my axle itself, when the hub is removed, i can move it up and down, it goes clunk. accidentally put pressure on it after pulling the snap ring, and it slid inwards(why?) after tugging it back out and reassembling everything i'm here. i don't know what i did wrong, and any help would be so very appreciated.

oh, as well, slower speeds on bad roads i hear that clunk noise.. a lot.

i got the snap ring back on there properly it had slid in while it was removed, but do you know what would cause the play in the axle moving up and down? tires have been balanced..

As for a "death wobble", try getting your wheels balanced.

I agree with silverton.

You stated a 'wobble' at 60 and smooths out at 70, that is a prime symptom of wheel(s) out of balance.

alright ill take her back to the tire place.. thanks very much guys and if anyone knows about the culprit for that axle floating n smacking(seemingly) in there, any and all suggestions would be awesome.

The axle shaft will have some play it it (but not much), the hub helps locate it. Are you mistaking movement of the whole spindle assembly?? This would indicate worn ball joints or control arm bushings...

B

Does the whole truck shake or just the wheel or your seat? If it's the whole truck I would also check for binding universal joints, or worn bushings. These trucks seem to shake pretty easily.

Tied rod? I had horrible tie rods and it would shake at one speed only, 53-54mph (well it shook about 80+ too but thats a given on a old truck with diffrent size tires on it) Could your brakes be sticking? I know if the rears are sticking on bad rotors it'll shake pretty good. Also, look at the steering gear that maybe your problem if your running big tires.