really need some stupid help

skulptr

so my buddy's 96 has some charcoal canister where i have these vaccuum lines. i was wondering if someone can take a very large and detailed picture of this exact spot. i think my vaccuum lines here are messed up, and i'm hoping to revise the issue. this is on the vg just left of the airbox.

IMG00033-20101226-1546.jpg

I have the 3.5 so I don't think a pic will help since you have the 3.3 and it is connected up different. I looked on the net but couldn't find a good picture for you :(

This is the best I can find, but it doesn't give an close up details on vacuum line connections.

62637568.gif

Edited by Northernpathy

thats interesting thanks adam

i pulled the codes, no more knock sensor code (OMG!) but i still have code 505 hanging around, and now i have 1105 MAP/BARO switch selenoid valve.

going to try to fix up the egr, and hope i can get it to pass emissions. when the system readiness pops up on the reader, it shows yellow, and flashes the cat, o2, and egr systems... i believe for washignton state only 2 systems are allowed to be on the fail in order to pass

This is what I can dig out from my desktop. I had the air intake rerouted so that it sucked air from the back of the air box instead of the bottom, but everything else under the hood remained untouched. If you need more pictures, I can always take a good one tomorrow morning when the sun's up.

PA300388-Copy.jpg

PB260084.jpg

PB260085.jpg

I'm not sure if its what you're looking for. Hope it helps.

Edited by dududuckling

man if only you had taken it from the fender side! those 2 vacuum lines that are under that plug are my culprits, just gotta figure out where they go. i'm gonna take the vcuum map adam posted and see if i can make heads or tails of what i'm looking at. with everything having a solid mud color, its kinda hard to follow

is it wierd that i always seem to have the dirtiest engine bay compared to everyone else i know?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

You need to wash that motor man!

James

Somewhat off-topic... but is there a "best" way to wash?

PS. I'm throwing the P1105 code too, found one vacuum hose was loose, snugged it back on and hope that helps...

My cel keeps coming on & then going off when I get low on fuel, the codes showed oxy sensor & knock sensor. Because the cel light is intermittent I was told the evap canister is bad so I'm going to order a new one plus the evap solenoid. I'll check my vacuum pipes also.