auto trans gear position indicator in gauge cluster

ahardb0dy

I thought I asked about this before but searched my old posts and topics and couldn't find anything, so I apologize if someone digs it right out.

Was looking at the 94 FSM and noticed the gauge cluster shows the "P R N D 2 1" between the temp and fuel gauges, my 94 doesn't have this so what year does if any? And if the 94 (and also shown in the 95 FSM) doesn't have it why is it in the FSM? I mean they even go into detail with the wiring for it. I understand the diagrams in the FSM are probably the same for a few years. Pic below:

900vhd.jpg

205drah.jpg

I was looking on autotrader.com at pathfinders and hardbody pick ups, none of the pathfinders listed that you could see the gauge cluster (round dash only) had the indicator in the cluster, but quite a few of the hardbody's had it.

I was looking on autotrader.com at pathfinders and hardbody pick ups, none of the pathfinders listed that you could see the gauge cluster (round dash only) had the indicator in the cluster, but quite a few of the hardbody's had it.

HB's typically had colmn shifters.

Typically rigs are configured as such;

Colmn Shift -> indicator on colmn or in cluster

Floor Shift -> indicator on floor next to shifter

This is not always the case but that how it usually is on most vehicles,

The shirtless guy got it right, the North american ape too...Column shifters are usally the case. My 89 150 has the spot for the column shift indicator, yet its a straight granny 4 on the floor. Its probly has too do with ease of building the trucks, just plop in a dash and gauges and run with it.