starting to work on my 2 door

bagndrag

ok so i finally got around to working on my 2 door yesterday. i managed to pull the trans out of the parts vehicle i have last night with the help of a few friends. i didnt take pics of the trans i pulled just becouse its kinda boring. i plan on putting the trans in this weekend if all goes well/ friends are around to help me. anyone have any advice on an easy way to instal it cuz pulling it was a pain in the ass

i also got a set of super swampers 31x11.5 for dirt cheap. that im going to mount on an extra set of rims i have.

and a quick shot of the tires as i was about to leave

tires.jpg

should be mounted this weekend as well. they are just to mess around with in the woods till i can afford a new set and a lift kit. as i dont plan on doing anything really crazy till then

Trans is a pain PITA... Get it jacked up and level. This will help to align the input shaft into the pilot bushing. Make sure you have the appropriate clearance to get the trans underneath.

If I were you id rent a trans jack if you havent already. Get the trans under there then lower the truck some so its not a big jump up to the block...makes things easier...

if its a MT then yea the pilot bushing is a pain but here's what i did last time...i used a motorcycle jack and got it close to aligned and then i put the rear driveshaft in and pushed forward on the trans with both feet and put my pry bar in the U joint and rotated the driveshaft with it in gear the splines aligned on the output shaft of the motor and it popped right in...

if the truck doesn't have a BL you'll need about 2' worth of extensions and a Ujoint to make life a lot easier on the top 3 bolts

another minor update just bought a set of black mirrors so i can ditch the chrome ones. also does anyone know who to remove the stock rear spoiler i wanna pull one from a junk yard to replace my ghetto plastic one i got with the pathy thanks

the wing part is 2 phillips screws at each hinge, the hinge (if you don't have wing hinges) is 1 nut at the glass per hinge and 1 nut through the body per hinge(might be bolts, i forget at the moment) have to pull a trim piece out to get the 'through the body' ones, plastic clips, pulls right out. do the hinges 1 at a time...

well after fighting with my pathy all day saturday i managed to free the bad trans from it and noticed my exhaust is pretty much shot tons of rust holes and bad patch jobs on it. so i gotta replace it before i can get it on the road looks like it wont be my daily driver for a little longer then i wanted. i also have to work a bunch of extra days this week so i cant even attemp to even do any more work on it till saturday. i have a few pics of it on the lift and what not ill have to try to post soon

Forget about pics for you too, my fault. I DID lie, it 2 phillips screw that bod the hinge to the glass as well, not a nut or bolt. Good luck though with your regular maintenance issues...

yeah i know its a normal thing just sucks its another delay i wasnt expecting or even really thinking about having to deal with yet. the joy of owning a older vehicle then im use to. and its no biggie on the pics for the spoiler. im trading whats left of my parts pathy for a bunch of stuff i need/want plus some parts my buddy needs for his hardbody that werent on the parts pathy with a junk yard this week.

• 1 month later...

I dont know what your budget is but there is always the option to have exhaust made for you by a local shop or if you know how to weld. This will also allow you to use whatever size tubing you want. I have found it hard to find a complete exhaust system that isnt stock. I am in the process of fabricating exhaust right now myself. I am thinking of running dual pipes, no cats, and possible just some glasspacks instead of mufflers...all three inch tubing, This i just a thought. Also I have heard good things about the doug thorley headers sold on rugged rucks. although like i said a little pricy.

i priced out a new cat muffler and 2 1/2 inch tubing and traded my buddy help on his nissan hardbody and his 89 benz in trade for him to weld up the exhuast when i get it but i i just started a new job so i wont see a paycheck for 2 weeks . but its worth it get to work on a school thats inside a mansion by my house. i love the job no boss good budget good pay and full acess to a wood shop

threeriversspringfield.jpg

cant find a ton of bolts and @!*% for it sucks. worken on tracing down what went missing and what got broken but it is getten somewhat close. i wish i had my own garage to work on this beast

i had them all bagged but some got missplaced and like always found them after i got new ones. the good news is that it finally drove under its own power again. it shifts a little hard though but hoping it gets better. just waiting till i get paid to buy the exhaust so i can get it to pass inspection thenit becomes y daily driver and

not really im on a small ass budget for now just doing 2 1/2 inch tubing all the way back with new cat and muffler plan on buying it all next week when i get paid

• 1 month later...

From what I know, the 3.0 needs a decent amount of backpressure. If you looking for a good sounding exhaust i would just change the muffler. Don't see how 2.5 is much different from the 2" though. Are you fabricating yourself.....Post Pics? im going to try and convert mine to dual pipes here soon

yeah the plan is to just buy the tubing and weld it and fab it as i go. but this stupid snow keeps delaying me from doing it oncei start it i will post a ton of pics on how i do it maybe it will help someon out or show how not to do it

• 3 weeks later...