Horrible weekend...

tekazgtr1984

not to rain down on ya or anything, but this has me jumping my coverage to full on my next pay cycle! it'll actually be cheaper to combine both my and my wife's car onto the same plan with full coverage on both, than it is to have her's fully covered and mine liability on 2 seperate plans.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What B said. Up here, based on your driving record and other factors, your deductible may be reduced.

Can they pay you the $5500 + value of parts even if that doesn't add up to $8200 ?

I dunno. My experience was that, with the right tires and driving approach, all-mode wasn't really necessary for our trucks. Manual 4x4 is much simpler and less complicated stuff (ABS sensors, computer calculations, blah) going on. All-mode is great for "set and forget" cars since it is basically 2Hi with a clutch pack that engages the front when the ABS sensors detect wheelspin. But, in our trucks, chances are if things are bad enough to have you thinking about 4WD, you will have good tires on and engage 4Hi BEFORE you get into lousy conditions.

Now, if you're getting it for the Xenon projectors, well that's a whole 'nother story. :lol:

They'll pay me the value of my truck plus the parts as a buyout if it's lower than $8,200 (the damage estimate). If it's more, they'll send it in to get repaired. The only downside to this is if the shop doing the repair work asseses more damage and varies from that of the insurance claims adjuster (real damage is often more than what the estimated damage is), I'll be bought outright for everything as is. I'm not sure about taking this route yet, mostly because I want to keep my parts and swap 'em over (TJM is a biggy for me) to the black '98 SE I found. Should I go that route, however, I'll be bought out for the vehicle total plus parts and that's that. I don't get to keep anything and the vehicle gets vultured by other people at the wrecker. Essentially, the safest route is to buy the '98 SE, swap over what parts I can and get a buyout of the value of the Pathfinder in OEM condition.

All-Mode seems more like AWD to me, which is kinda cool. However, I've heard good and bad about it.

I've got xenon projectors for my '98 so I'd be golden either way. ;)

QX4 all they way! :D

The thought of heated leather on my arse in the dead of winter is pretty appealing... :aok:

dang..... :( im sorry man.... i almost got hit by a suburban when it slid through a red. some people just cant drive. but im really sorry, that blows....

It's more a question of shouldn't be permitted to drive. This accident resulted in over $8,000 in vehicular damage as well as personal injury, the likes of which have resulted in missing work, not to mention physio, meds, etc.

The driver who hit me should lose his license for at least six months. Or be decreed he becomes my butler. :lol:

Edited by tekazgtr1984

The thought of heated leather on my arse in the dead of winter is pretty appealing... :aok:

It's more a question of shouldn't be permitted to drive. This accident resulted in over $8,000 in vehicular damage as well as personal injury, the likes of which have resulted in missing work, not to mention physio, meds, etc.

The driver who hit me should lose his license for at least six months. Or be decreed he becomes my butler. :lol:

Hell, the wife's 99 has heated leather seats!! Oh, you have an XE... :tongue:

Maybe it is a sign to upgrade? Maybe it doesn't mean crap??

I hate maybes!! I try to deal with what is's... :shrug:

That said, you are still mad at the other driver (wasn't there). Have you no right to sue for negligence if it was that bad?? (not sue happy!!)

B

Hell, the wife's 99 has heated leather seats!! Oh, you have an XE... :tongue:

Maybe it is a sign to upgrade? Maybe it doesn't mean crap??

I hate maybes!! I try to deal with what is's... :shrug:

That said, you are still mad at the other driver (wasn't there). Have you no right to sue for negligence if it was that bad?? (not sue happy!!)

B

Yup, my rig's just a base model... Your wife's is a LE so of course it's got all the goodies.

I don't read into things, especially when it's out of my control. I just have to deal with the is factors for now.

And yes, I'm still choked the guy did what he did. I know for a fact no driving school teaches swerving into the oncoming lane as proper driving practice. I might be able to take him to court but will it be worth it in the end? I doubt it...

Just seeing this thread - man that sux!!! Hope your recovery is speedy - however the siatic thing can take a while to heal, don't rush it!!

In the damage photos is the upper portion of the rearmost left side window pushed out a bit or is that my eyes playing tricks on me?

I can't speak to insurance in MB for sure, but, based on my experience in ON:

You don't have to accept the Insurance companies first offer. If you decide to fight their offer:

1. Know the fair market of your vehicle, document it on paper (net links fade). This is your biggest evidence of value. Get closest matches possible, expand search area if needed. Have 5-10 examples. Ignore examples that match yours that are really low in value, you want to show how awesome yours is. Use dealer ads.
  2. Get all the insruance co's information first!! Get their adjuster's assesment with quotes. Take it to a body shop you trust for a second opinion. Used doors or whatever might lower to quote. The Ins Co might have overstated the value of repairs if it benefitted them to write it off. They may have devalued your vehcile based on condition (arbitrary assessment and valuation) and mau have done so to their favour. Knowledge is power.
  3. Realize the Ins Co factors in rental costs in their mind. Could be a bargaining chip for you possibly.
  4. If you can tolerate the delay, the company wants fast resolution. It costs them money to delay/have an open claim. They may strong arm you into settling (cut of rental, veiled threats of court action etc.) You may have an option to go to arbitration (costs you money though) if you think it is worth it. An independant appraiser working for you is needed if so.
  5. If you settle for a write off, be sure to get the money plus taxes.

I can't stress the first two enough. In Ontario auto insurance is the root of all evil and will screw you if they can. I hope you have better experiences... Good luck, pm me if desired for more on how I fought the ins co and won vs a write off.

Without seeing the estimate write up, all I see from the pics and description of what happend is three components and some paint and labor.

H0101-0W0CE DOOR FR LH $680.35

H2101-0W0CF DOOR REAR, LH $680.08

76023-0W034 BODY-SIDE $741.60

$2102.03 USD and thats full Nissan list for new parts....salvage yard would be way less if you went that route.

4K in parts and paint seems.....on the high end to me. I think they must be factoring in a floor panel as well.... or a frame pull, that would be 4 hours labor by itself.

Edited by Alkorahil

Without seeing the estimate write up, all I see from the pics and description of what happend is three components and some paint and labor.

H0101-0W0CE DOOR FR LH $680.35

H2101-0W0CF DOOR REAR, LH $680.08

76023-0W034 BODY-SIDE $741.60

$2102.03 USD and thats full Nissan list for new parts....salvage yard would be way less if you went that route.

4K in parts and paint seems.....on the high end to me. I think they must be factoring in a floor panel as well.... or a frame pull, that would be 4 hours labor by itself.

Yup, there is siginificant damage to the B-pillar. I wish it the damage was only surface... The guy hit me really hard, though.

I'm hoping to just get bought out for the value of the vehicle plus certain aftermarket parts... At this point, I'm willing to start from scratch again.

Regardless, I'm still choked this happened. :(

Yup, my rig's just a base model... Your wife's is a LE so of course it's got all the goodies.

I don't read into things, especially when it's out of my control. I just have to deal with the is factors for now.

And yes, I'm still choked the guy did what he did. I know for a fact no driving school teaches swerving into the oncoming lane as proper driving practice. I might be able to take him to court but will it be worth it in the end? I doubt it...

No, actually is it a loaded SE. You know how Nissan is. :shrug:

I was just trying to be lighthearted...

Sucks that you are still waiting to hear too. :thumbsdown:

B

No, actually is it a loaded SE. You know how Nissan is. :shrug:

I was just trying to be lighthearted...

Sucks that you are still waiting to hear too. :thumbsdown:

B

Well, even better. It has the 4.6 LSD, which owns IMO. :aok:

Yeah, I don't imagine my adjuster's days are quiet this time of year... :lol:

Anything to report? :suicide:

In regards to my clain, no. I did acquire a new vehicle, though. Well, new to me... Picked up a '01 Infiniti QX4 yesterday, 129K km, pretty mint. Needs a bit of exterior work but it's hard to find a perfect used vehicle. I took some pics this morning:

01qx4_122010_01.jpg

01qx4_122010_02.jpg

It'll be stockzilla for a while, as I have a buyer for the lift on my '98. I don't think the TJM will fit on the QX4 with the design of the grill and OEM bumper. The SFD will definitely be going on the QX4 come spring, along with a custom rear end with disc brakes and 33's. Can't wait. :)

Awesome!! A pathy in a tux.

I'm sure you are well aware of the power valve screw issue, otherwise the VQ is a great engine!

Congrats.

Thanks! I'm going to get my Nissan mechanic buddy to give the rig a once-over. The VQ is new territory for me... :scratchhead:

I don't think the TJM will fit on the QX4 with the design of the grill and OEM bumper.

Tell me you're gonna try at least. Not sure how much more the grille sticks out that the 99.5+ pathy's... but mine still has quite a bit of room. The antenna tab may have to go... I had to do that in order to close the hood on mine!!

Tell me you're gonna try at least. Not sure how much more the grille sticks out that the 99.5+ pathy's... but mine still has quite a bit of room. The antenna tab may have to go... I had to do that in order to close the hood on mine!!

Oh, the antenna tab will absolutely have to go. I will try it out and see how it goes; that won't be until it warms up, though.

Tyler. If you cannot get the TJM to work. PM me. Name your price. I want.

And nice job on the QX4, though now you have HID headlights that you cannot use anymore. I'm excited to see you build another R50.

Edited by laxman0324

Tyler. If you cannot get the TJM to work. PM me. Name your price. I want.

And nice job on the QX4, though now you have HID headlights that you cannot use anymore. I'm excited to see you build another R50.

How high will you go? :lol:

Just jokes. I plan on keeping it for now, in the hopes of a R50 Terrano R3m-R/G3m-R build in the near future. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens so stay tuned.

You're right, the JDM HID's are now of no use to me. I think I will sell those. But remember, they only work with '96-'99 R50. ;)