my truck keeps locking me out

derrick719

so i got my truck on the road and my first test of 250 km and it locked me out. i got out to check things over and i shut the door and it locked all the door with the truck running and my cell in the truck 20 mins out of town.

so has any one had the prob i got a 94 le with the dealer installed alarm

There is a fix for this. Requires opening up the door lock timer (IIRC) and fixing some solder joints. I quickly googled it but couldn't find it. There is a link somewhere, maybe someone else will chime in.

mine does not have those symptoms it only does it some times when i shut the door and i have to slam it as the drivers door and rocker have a been hit by something so they rub you can kinda see it in my sig.

• 1 month later...

Ok ... my '94 is having the wildly erratic locking/unlocking behavior. I pulled the door lock timer and took it apart. I don't see any cold welds or broken solder joints.

I guess I'll replace it anyway if I can get it cheap. There are several on fee-bay that are pulled from Maximas but have the same product number. They should work., right ?

Is there anything else that commonly causes this behavior?

Also, if I leave the door lock timer out will manual locking and unlocking work (at least on the driver's side) ?

I'm not worried about locking myself out. i just don't want my car opening itself to the world when I'm not around.

Thanks

Ok - it looks as though leaving the lock timer unit out will still allow the locks to be used manually and stop the annoying BS.

The rear hatch has a child safety kind of lever that you have to flip in order for it to lock and there's no way to re-open it without re-installing the lock timer.

But you can access the rear cargo area through the window hatch.

I've had this same problem... just one of the reasons I've named my Pathfinder "Twitch". I did open the lock timer, I did find bad solder joints, I did fix them, and it does still happen. I surmise that it is worn-out solenoids on the locks themselves or other worn-out components that don't allow the solenoids to fully unlock the doors. If you lock the driver or passenger front doors, the rest of the locks go with them. I suspect that the trigger for this is pretty high in the lock travel. Closing the door jars the lock, it hits the trigger, everything locks up. I have also been "trapped" inside the car... closed the door, doors locked, unlocked the doors, trying to open the doors pulls the lock down a little bit which triggers the lock, etc.... this is one of the reasons I suspect the solenoids or related parts. The last time it happened, it was because the outside handle wasn't quite all the way retracted. When this happens, I cannot even pull the lock up manually. Seems to be worse in the cold.

Haven't found the end-all be-all fix for this, but I do suspect the lock solenoids in the doors. A door panel removal with a multi-point lubrication plan may just fix things but I haven't gotten there yet.

mine does not have those symptoms it only does it some times when i shut the door and i have to slam it as the drivers door and rocker have a been hit by something so they rub you can kinda see it in my sig.

my 93 did the same thing as urs and i did that and it fixed it....my 92 is starting to do it and it does it more when its cold so i would recommend trying it.