Got my Jackson missin link

TheCrow

Hi I got my Jackson Missing Link after a loooong journey shipping it but it was worth waiting it for over a month .

I have always liked my R50 for being capable off-road suv and yet drives like a car on the street , now it drives excellent on the street I can tackle the curves even better .

The improvement and satisfaction I got is impressive for the amount of money I spent including shipping and Jackson was still competitive with the locals here and yet I believe his link is superior in terms of quality .

The only minus point I felt and I am not sure off until I hot the rocks was the flexibility during off-road but hey you can get everything in one basket .

Thank you John

i am also thinking about getting their missing link. But i have one question, since it only bolts onto one side of the control arm bushings, dosnt it make it uneven, then hard to torque properly?

Edited by m0nkeyprince

I have had it since last thursday and been off road during the weekend and it is still even , I am not sure if it requires re torquing , but even if it does require it is a simple job of 5 to 10 min .

The thing about the link is that it bolts on top of the bushing housing thing, so nothing changes with the control arms themselves at all. Its just like adding a thick washer under the head of the bolt, thats all.

Jose

Monkey,

You could try e-mailing your question to John at Jackson Autosports I'm sure he would be mor ethan happy to answer. Or, try posting it in the original Missing Link post as I think John has been following it.

E-Mail Address: jacsport@jacsport.com

Original Missing Link Post: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=27671

I believe the point is yes, they do. Just like strut tower braces, those don't look like they move either... :shrug:

Just a guess, I haven't crawled under the vehicle yet to examine it. Makes sense though and it seems pretty damn easy to make.

B

Think of the monoframe like any other frame. It's a similar box design like any other unibody vehicle. And what B said about the strut tower brace holds true in this regard. This link stiffens up the unibody "frame" (for lack of a better word) by linking together two parallel points, much like a strut tower brace on car applications. In effect, flex (albeit minimal) is reduced and torsional rigidity is increased. There's a noticeable improvement in overall control and much less body roll and mushiness when it comes to tight turns and bumpy and lumpy roads.

For $40 plus shipping (if applicable), it feels like a whole new truck. Especially if you're running larger than OEM tires, which is the case for many of us. :aok:

• 3 weeks later...

Installed mine this past week, cant say it is a World of Difference, but seems tighter. Also running closer to stock wheels and tires for the winter (245/65/17 Blizzaks on 17x8.5 wheels). Looking forward to seeing a bigger difference with summer wheels/tires (275/55/17) come spring. Just remember to douse the bolts with penetrating oil the nite before. I didnt, made a 10 min job about 3 hours with hand tools.... 10yrs of Salt and Winters are not kind to suspension parts (or anything for that matter).