Truck shaking

WyKi

Hi guys my truck just started having this symptom. When ever I put my truck in reverse and it's on a slight incline and i press the accel. to back up it starts shaking and wont move back..if it moves back it moves very little. At first it used to do that if the wheel was sort of turned but now it even does it if the wheels are straight and the incline is a bit more. Is the tranny getting F'd up or what? Forward it has good power and doesnt stutter or anything. It's only in REV. Thanks guys.

This is the second time I have heard of this. When I bought my parts 95 the guy told me that sometimes it chugs in reverse. I drove it a bit before buying and never got it to do it so I'm not sure if it was engine or tranny related.

Mine does something similar, sometimes when I back up it shakes a little but I am able to move back, I just had my tranny rebuilt so I don't think that thats it, maybe the rear diff? Hope this helps

I dont know if it's the rear diff. but if you had your tranny fixed well time to keep on checking around to see what else it could be

Do you have a LSD?

LSD... nope... :( wish tho...

Automatic tranny?? Reverse failure is generally the first sign of problems/damage but I am not used to hearing about shaking either. Does it do the same thing on the flat VS incline??

B

Yes B , Aut tranny....Nope on flat it moves perfectly....

Thing is it sometimes does it and sometimes dont. I just would like to fix it before anything else gets F'd. My uncle told me that it could be the bearing that's on the driveshaft. Cuz that has like a bushing, and he told me that if that bushing is messed up the truck tends to shake.. but still have to find out if it's that. :scratchhead: and that's why i'm asking here :rolleyes:

Edited by WyKi

I dont know if it's the rear diff. but if you had your tranny fixed well time to keep on checking around to see what else it could be

LSD... nope... :( wish tho...

Yes B , Aut tranny....Nope on flat it moves perfectly....

Thing is it sometimes does it and sometimes dont. I just would like to fix it before anything else gets F'd. My uncle told me that it could be the bearing that's on the driveshaft. Cuz that has like a bushing, and he told me that if that bushing is messed up the truck tends to shake.. but still have to find out if it's that. :scratchhead: and that's why i'm asking here :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure what your uncle is talking about is the Universal joints.

I'm pretty sure what your uncle is talking about is the Universal joints.

I do believe that the 2WD models have a drive shaft bearing that mounts to a cross-member. I would get under the truck and make sure that your drive shaft is not loose. Grab it and see if you have in play in it. You could be getting enough movement that the splines disengage and it starts slipping. This would explain why it only happens on an incline. Your drive shaft will more thank likely need to be replaced if it keeps this up. Also check the u-joints as well.

Mark

You may have too little line pressure due to a clogged factory cooler. It takes the most amount of fluid to get and keep these transmission in reverse. If your cooler is clogged a bit, you aren't getting enough pressure to maintain reverse. This will eventually eat out your bands and grenade your transmission. Get an external cooler. If you have one, then disregard my whole post, lol.