Wheel and Tire fitment question!

5523Pathfinder

Ok, before I get carried away with hours of searching(I have spent plenty of time in the Tire Review thread), I was wondering who is running a 15x8 wheel, with a 12.50 tire? Im considering purchasing some new BFG KM2's and the 12.50 is easier to find, than the 10.50. Anyway, not to concerned about the tire brand, just want to make sure they will fit. Any info is much appreciated!

I am

Mine are pro comp 1069's

15x8

3.75" neg. backspacing

Pro comp Mud Terrain

33x12.5x15

They rubbed on the back and front of the front fender at full lock and stuff. I cut some of the fender away and pounded down a pinch seam with BFH.

In the rear, they gobbled up the back of the stock fender flare on the passenger side, and caused a pretty big dent when they caught the bottom of the back of the rear fender. I've cut most of that metal away now and the factory flares are so flexible, they don't get damaged by the tire rubbing. When I REALLY stuff the back tire, they just barely graze the body right over the frame rail. I have no rear bumpstops, 3" body lift, 3" rear coils, rancho 5112's and a mildly lifted front end(need to reindex the t-bars).

anything else you need to know, just ask.

I think they fit very well with trimming, but I have never had a brand new set of 33's. Mine were about 1/2 worn out when i got them. I know some can be like 32.5" O.D. and some brands are closer to 33.5" O.D. That extra inch makes a difference when the wheels are at full lock and suspension is workin

I'm running 31x10.50's on some 15x8's. The wheels I had at the MrJim run. I noticed from the trail that the fender cut some of the shoulder lugs, but I can't remember what the back spacing is on that rim, but it sticks out quite a bit!

I'm also pretty sure, that regardless of the wheel offset, if you run 33x12.50 you will HAVE to cut your fenders.

Even with 33x10.50 you have to roll them.

I'm also pretty sure, that regardless of the wheel offset, if you run 33x12.50 you will HAVE to cut your fenders.

Even with 33x10.50 you have to roll them.

if I'm not mistaken, he already has 33's a 3"BL and a 3" SL

he's just looking for new 33's and if he can go wider since its easier to find wider.

Good stuff guys. Yes, I have made some fender adjustments for my original tires already(a little nip/tuck). Good to know it may be fine. I found out a guy I work with is running 12.50's on his jeep. He said I can use his spare for test fitting. Thanks again all. If you got anything else to add, please do so!

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

33x12.5 15's on 10's with 3+3 in this pic

I know it's not the exact width you were looking for, but might help you envision what your looking at

pathyotashoesyb7.jpg

Drove fine on the road, a "little" limited in turns due to the rear of the fender wells.

Wheel it as is? I would not recommended it, but runable on the street until proper trimming could be done.

Edited by RedPath88
Edited wheel size

Oh, I got somewhere. I borrowed a friends new Micky Thompson Baja MTZ, and mounted it on my spare.

tirefitting006.jpg

I found they stick out from the wheel just a bit more but not too much.

tirefitting007.jpg

I did a little comparasing between the two tires..

tirefitting009.jpg

I then removed the front wheel and did some full lock tests.

tirefitting010.jpg

Found it would rub when turned to full lock. Any kind of flexing would chew up more stuff..

tirefitting011.jpg

Well, I really dont want to remove the mudflaps or fender flares, so I will go back to locating some 10.5's.

I did some more fitting in the rear, just for giggles...

tirefitting012.jpg

tirefitting013.jpg

tirefitting014.jpg

I did like the way they looked, but not too sure I want to deal with problems it may bring, as this is my DD we are talking about. Thanks guys for all your input!