R50 Strut Tower Bar: Discussion

laxman0324

On the topic of structural rigidity, I would like to see a strut tower bar for the Pathfinder...

:yeahthat:

desperately want a strut brace, NX4 industries website still says they are making one, but I emailed them/him about it and never heard anything back. So John Jackson what do you say, is pathfinder strut brace in the works over at Jackson AutoSport? :)

:yeahthat:

desperately want a strut brace, NX4 industries website still says they are making one, but I emailed them/him about it and never heard anything back. So John Jackson what do you say, is pathfinder strut brace in the works over at Jackson AutoSport? :)

Hmm... not sure why I didn't see an e-mail, but I have made two strut bars, but the problem is working around all the various items around the path of the strut bars for the different model variations.... OPen your hood and check the path. It's not a simple bolt on like the brace discussed in this thread.

Hmm... not sure why I didn't see an e-mail, but I have made two strut bars, but the problem is working around all the various items around the path of the strut bars for the different model variations.... OPen your hood and check the path. It's not a simple bolt on like the brace discussed in this thread.

I would totaly be interested in the strut bar also....is this a product in production or still in the tinkering stage?

2002 VQ35

Can you elaborate on that? I have installed strut tower bars on multiple vehicles and aside from clearance over the engine I don't see an issue? Thanks.

Can you elaborate on that? I have installed strut tower bars on multiple vehicles and aside from clearance over the engine I don't see an issue? Thanks.

Cruise control, different engines are a couple factors. I understand what he is saying.

what exactly is the strut bar for? stability?

Structural Rigity is the main purpose of the strut tower bar. It helps with stability, as you said.

I want a strut tower bar!

Jose

I'll post pictures on the weekend. The main reason I have not produced these is the pain in the rear factor. Both the 3.3 and 3.5 require completely different setups. On the 3.3, you have to contend with brake lines, AC lines, less than optimally placed master cylinder etc.

Keep in mind that for a strut bar to be effective, proper angles must be maintained in order not to induce excesive flex into the strut bar itself, thereby eliminating the purpose of installing the bar. The bars I have on the 97 and 01 are tied into the firewall as well as the opposing strut tower. Just look at all the lines and accessories over top the tower, now try to imagine wiggling in a 1.5" o.d. bar and flange... I do not have a CNC bender, so all the bends are a pain... a real pain.

I'll stop though as I believe this would be classified as "thread jacking".

Edited by Daddy Rim

Yeah, I know its not an easy thing to do, I have seen someone try and fail. That's why I need some one to make one I can just buy and install :tongue: If you have make any progress let me know, I and VERY interested.

I am just thinking now that with my SFD I might be able to make some new shorter engine blocks and also drop my transmission bracket down an inch or two (lowering the whole engine). After that it might be possible to fit in an over engine strut brace. Opinions?

I'll post pictures on the weekend. The main reason I have not produced these is the pain in the rear factor. Both the 3.3 and 3.5 require completely different setups. On the 3.3, you have to contend with brake lines, AC lines, less than optimally placed master cylinder etc.

Keep in mind that for a strut bar to be effective, proper angles must be maintained in order not to induce excesive flex into the strut bar itself, thereby eliminating the purpose of installing the bar. The bars I have on the 97 and 01 are tied into the firewall as well as the opposing strut tower. Just look at all the lines and accessories over top the tower, now try to imagine wiggling in a 1.5" o.d. bar and flange... I do not have a CNC bender, so all the bends are a pain... a real pain.

I'll stop though as I believe this would be classified as "thread jacking".

Not at all. It's related to the topic of the thread... And, to be honest, I'd like to see a strut tower brace for the R50 come to fruition. :aok:

Yeah, I know its not an easy thing to do, I have seen someone try and fail. That's why I need some one to make one I can just buy and install :tongue: If you have make any progress let me know, I and VERY interested.

I am just thinking now that with my SFD I might be able to make some new shorter engine blocks and also drop my transmission bracket down an inch or two (lowering the whole engine). After that it might be possible to fit in an over engine strut brace. Opinions?

I think the major issues are clearance-related, specifically the intake plenum, hood and brake lines. I'd like to see something designed but it could prove to be challenging.

Back on topic, glad to see so much support for the Missing Link! :beer: