How do you jack up your R50?

EmptyV

So I'm about to replace my rotors and pads on my '01. The last time I jacked it up was before I moved to 33's(29's) and had to use a 3" wood block to get up high enough. The jacking point on mine is 22" and I can't find any jacks(even the harbor freight 3-ton) that will go higher than 20". With the body of the jack that gives a total life of 25.75" at full extension. That doesn't seem like enough to get her off the ground. Any help is appreciated.

Most of the time I have more problems with the jackstands than I do jacking up the truck. I usually wind up putting the jackstands on cinderblocks or cut railroad ties :chairfall: And yes, r50's do have alot of clearance! My pathy with the 2in lift on 285-75-16 (33) has more ground clearance than my buddies 6.5in lifted chevy on 35's. This is because he has a massive drop bracket in the front and our rigs dont since is about as high as you can lift without doing a sfd :new576:

Before I bought my hydraulic scissors lift, I jacked my truck with a floor jack under the front subframe crossmember or under the rear diff, in combination with jack stands. I have also placed the floor jack beneath the ball joint before.

If I needed to use the stock jacking location (just behind the front wheel well) I placed a couple of short 4x4 blocks of wood on top of the jack.

For emergency use now, I use a high-lift jack, placed under my sliders.

Edited by XPLORx4

Well I measured wrong, my starting jacking height is around 17" and my old jack had a max lift of 14.25". I ended up buying a 3 ton jack from harbor freight which was on sale for $60. It is enough to get the tires off the ground which allowed me to replace my rotors and pads today, woohoo! Thanks guys! In 2 weeks I'll be ordering the Trail Gear 67" Rock sliders. I'll be enlisting my welding buddy because they have to be cut and welded on. I envy the guys that can fab up metal, definitely an art.

Well I measured wrong, my starting jacking height is around 17" and my old jack had a max lift of 14.25". I ended up buying a 3 ton jack from harbor freight which was on sale for $60. It is enough to get the tires off the ground which allowed me to replace my rotors and pads today, woohoo! Thanks guys! In 2 weeks I'll be ordering the Trail Gear 67" Rock sliders. I'll be enlisting my welding buddy because they have to be cut and welded on. I envy the guys that can fab up metal, definitely an art.

Pics of how you do the trail gear sliders would be greatly appreceated :D