1st post here.

Name is Ryan.

I live in Ottawa (Rockland)

Have been modding cars for 12+ years.

famous hitlist includes:

1991 CRX w/B16a1

2002 VW GTI 1.8T (timebomb)

1985 BMW 325e with Mb20b25 stroker engine

1988 BMW 325i m60 engine swap (never ending puzzle of headaches)

2005 Dodge Magnum Hemi

1986 Volvo 740 Turbo (with fat turbo)

Current daily driver is 2008 Mazda 3 GT.

picked this up as a weekend warrior/winter car.

I'm tired of making cars "fast".

I just want to get filthy, and crawl around slowly and have a good time.

I'm 31y/o with a wonderful partner, and a 4yr old boy.

He's loving the truck as much as I am so far ;-)

purchased the truck from a local NPORA member.

anyhow, see you around!

Ryan

pathy3.jpg

pathy2.jpg

pathy1.jpg

pathy4.jpg

Howdy Ryan, and welcome!! Looks like that truck is pretty much set up already.

Did the member say what their login name was?? I think I recognize the truck, but I've seen so many here over the years... :shrug:

B

Howdy Ryan, and welcome!! Looks like that truck is pretty much set up already.

Did the member say what their login name was?? I think I recognize the truck, but I've seen so many here over the years... :shrug:

B

Nah, no mention of his username here. His real name is Mike however. Nice guy.

Yep, truck is pretty much trail ready as is. Leaves me that much further ahead to add toi it. Frame/rockers/floors redone and in great condition. Will be getting new tires for next season. Now just focused on getting some winters. 31" or smaller.

Yeah he was sad to see it go but things have changed in his life so he put it up for sale.

You bought a pretty damn nice truck. I have been wheeling behind or in front of that truck many times. Only problem you will find is that you will want to spend all your time on the trail instead of working! :happy:

Glad to see that you joined the group. Hope to see you on the trail some time. More than a few Ottawa guys here.

Yeah he was sad to see it go but things have changed in his life so he put it up for sale.

You bought a pretty damn nice truck. I have been wheeling behind or in front of that truck many times. Only problem you will find is that you will want to spend all your time on the trail instead of working! :happy:

Glad to see that you joined the group. Hope to see you on the trail some time. More than a few Ottawa guys here.

X2

Welcome. Like northernpathy said there are more than a few of us here. Also there is another nissan club that is more Canada based.

www.cdn-ntc.ca

Hope to see you on the trail or at a coffee meet!

Bahhhhh no spare...ill snag one from a pick n pull, when I get a drivers side mirror (cracked). Need the mirror for safety. I gotta admit, I'm really impressed with the work he's. Done to the truck. Took it out this evening for a little test run in a new housing development being built/dug up. Nice and dirty now. I used to wheel with a buddy of mine at the bogie hydro lines in a Sammy with 35's, and a beaten XJ.

Will definitely see you guys on the trails sooner or later ;-)

Does anyone have any recommendations on a local garage I could bring this for safety?

As far as I know i'd just need to throw some fender flares on, and get some winters. (33's are pretty tired). If anyone knows anything PM me!

Cheers,

Ryan

Bahhhhh no spare...ill snag one from a pick n pull, when I get a drivers side mirror (cracked). Need the mirror for safety. I gotta admit, I'm really impressed with the work he's. Done to the truck. Took it out this evening for a little test run in a new housing development being built/dug up. Nice and dirty now. I used to wheel with a buddy of mine at the bogie hydro lines in a Sammy with 35's, and a beaten XJ.

Will definitely see you guys on the trails sooner or later ;-)

Does anyone have any recommendations on a local garage I could bring this for safety?

As far as I know i'd just need to throw some fender flares on, and get some winters. (33's are pretty tired). If anyone knows anything PM me!

Cheers,

Ryan

There shouldn't be anything "wrong" with the truck I would think since it passed the Quebec inspection fine when he had it. The Quebec inspection is like 10 times more strict than an Ontario safety.

I do know a good garage but they are out in Richmond if you know where that is.

If by bogie you mean calabogie I think we've been wheeling out there a couple of times. Near the California road trail

Edited by adamzan

There shouldn't be anything "wrong" with the truck I would think since it passed the Quebec inspection fine when he had it. The Quebec inspection is like 10 times more strict than an Ontario safety.

I do know a good garage but they are out in Richmond if you know where that is.

If by bogie you mean calabogie I think we've been wheeling out there a couple of times. Near the California road trail

yep, Calabogie, and the branch off to the California trail. Good times :-D

Are you talking about Richmond Road? if so, thats not a problem.

I'll PM you for details.

are there any trips planned at all for the fall?

Not sure of any trips planned as mike and steph (judge on here) usually organized them. I would be up for one though.

Sorry I don't mean Richmond road. I mean Richmond south of kanata.

I'll keep an' eye out for any trips planned...going in groups is alot funner than just a couple.

just a quick question...having the tire stick out past the wheel well will yield a failed safety I think?

or is it really dependant on the tech/garage...?

I'll keep an' eye out for any trips planned...going in groups is alot funner than just a couple.

just a quick question...having the tire stick out past the wheel well will yield a failed safety I think?

or is it really dependant on the tech/garage...?

I would say it would depend on the garage but i do know there is a limit. The garage I know might look past it because a couple of the mechanics drive big trucks.