got my rims today

slade420

Pacer also has an identical rim as the Cragars. Same manufacturer part #, just different name/logo on the center cap. In other words, they are the same rim made at the same place; buy the cheapest one and call it good.

B

Pacer also has an identical rim as the Cragars. Same manufacturer part #, just different name/logo on the center cap. In other words, they are the same rim made at the same place; buy the cheapest one and call it good.

B

Yep American Racing "makes" them too IIRC. Why I got RCs, AREs were $5 more for the same thing, but with ugly paint stripes on the bead area.

Yessss! my rims came in today! they are black 'Rock Crawler' wheels. i dont have a camera, but they look like soft 8's... 15x8, 3.75 backspacing.

series97.jpg

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Hope to see them on your rig when you have that. Are those the "Series 98" ones"? That's what I have my eye on if I decide to go with a second set of wheels. Just put Revo 2's on me original aluminum rims. Might run them year round or switch to a second set up for road use..something like Gen'l Grabber or Yoko Geolander HTS. What tires are you putting on?

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Hope to see them on your rig when you have that. Are those the "Series 98" ones"? That's what I have my eye on if I decide to go with a second set of wheels. Just put Revo 2's on me original aluminum rims. Might run them year round or switch to a second set up for road use..something like Gen'l Grabber or Yoko Geolander HTS. What tires are you putting on?

yes, they are 'Series 98' wheels. My truck is strictly off-road, so i want to get a set of bias ply super swamper LTB's, im gonna put some old used 33x12.5-15 BFG all-terrains from a friend until i can afford my new tires.

Edited by slade420

Yep American Racing "makes" them too IIRC. Why I got RCs, AREs were $5 more for the same thing, but with ugly paint stripes on the bead area.

Those stripes come off easily with some acetone.