truck running like crap

ChrisPerna

hey guys i got my new truck and it wont run right. it takes forever to start and will not go above 3500 rpms. i changed the distributer, cap, rotor, wires, and maf sensor. any ideas? also the coil keeps sparking if the motor is off but the key is on the on position and my trucks rpm gauge will go up to 4000 rpm if the truck is off and i hit the gas pedal with the key on the on position.

Edited by ChrisPerna

hey guys i got my new truck and it wont run right. it takes forever to start and will not go above 3500 rpms.

i chande the distributer, cap, rotor, wires, and mass air flow meter. any ideas? also the coil keeps sparking if the motor is off but the key is on the on position and my trucks rpm gauge will go up to 4000 rpm if the truck is off and i hit the gas pedal with the key on the on position.

When i unplugged my MAF sensor it wouldn't let me go above 3'000 rpm. I think if it's unplugged it will run in like a default mode or something. It ran like crap. But, that was just an idea that popped into my head and it's kinda late.

Well,just reading the wont run above 3500 rpm I would think its a cat or air intake problem(is there a hole in the air intake hose)If its an auto it maybe the tranny going into limp home mode(top speed 45mph,and 35oorpm)But in this case I dought it.It could very well be a bad seal on the intake hose.As far as the coil still sparking with the key off,I have no idea.

The 95's are notorious for having MAF connector issues. Even if you changed the MAF, the problem may still exist if the connector or wiring is bad. I rebuilt my connector so the wire didn't hit the underside of the hood and have not had issues with it since.

• 5 weeks later...