Alarm switch on the dash

WyKi

It has to the left Alarm on, in the middle off and to the right Impact on.. what's that for? I put the switch to any of the sides and the red LED stays off, it doesnt turn on for anything.

Mine has never acted "right" so to speak. I just turned it off and buried the switch inside my console.

The dang thing would randomly lock and unlock the doors, honk the horn and blink the lights. My wife drove it to walmart a few months after I bought it and called me saying the key would unlock the door but then lock itself back right after she took the key out.

Nice work.

it could be worse, like mine the alarm is off and if the driver locks the door (power door locks) hits the unlock button and when the pass tries to unlock the door it keeps locking passenger in lol

it could be worse, like mine the alarm is off and if the driver locks the door (power door locks) hits the unlock button and when the pass tries to unlock the door it keeps locking passenger in lol

Dang that's the kind of passenger lock I needed when I was 16 and dating.

Seriously though the link or pic below might help with what's supposed to happen.

alarm.jpg

Alarm PDF

So how do I get it to work? I found this little box under the driver's seat I followed the switches cable and that to where it led me. It also has an LED on it (but it doesnt turn on either) and this little button which you spin. Is there a fuse somewhere? thanks.

I removed the little box under my seat and the switch so no more alarm that didn't work anyway

lol, cool. thing is i want mine to work. :rolleyes: as i have no power locks to let me/others trapped in. :tongue:

I just left mine, didn't know if it would start if I just removed it, the non-factory alarms I have had in the past would basically disable the car if the control box was disconnected.

Are pathies right hand drive in puerto rico? Is the ECU still on the right side of the car in right hand drive models?

Cause what it sounds like to me, is that you found the ECU.

Dave, mine STILL does that!! LOL

(Dang gremlins!)

Hey Tmoore, that is your door lock timer, has nothing to do with your alarm. Here's a link to how I fixed mine

Timer Fix

no more lock/unlock mind of it's own locks anymore, and easy to do

Are pathies right hand drive in puerto rico? Is the ECU still on the right side of the car in right hand drive models?

Cause what it sounds like to me, is that you found the ECU.

No Silverton, they are LHD as in the states. Everything here runs in/by the US government, as in money wise and stuff alike. Some laws too. Just that things shipped here get taxed like 3 times. :thumbsdown: But oh well...

Awesome. That link helped out ALOT...except for the location of the timer...Mine is not in the rear cargo area...I have removed the plastic multiple times during e-equipment/comm installs, and have seen nothing like that...

Awesome. That link helped out ALOT...except for the location of the timer...Mine is not in the rear cargo area...I have removed the plastic multiple times during e-equipment/comm installs, and have seen nothing like that...

That timer link has fixed a lot of Nissan and Infiniti door lock problems including mine. Mine was located exactly where it was supposed to be in the cargo area. I would have spent countless hours and dollars on the door lock switches and actuators in the doors if I hadn't found this link in NPORA. Just one more reason why this is my favorite forum.

it should be drivers side behind the rear seats, pull off the plastic piece and its installed on the back of a metal piece, thats where mine was and the one I found at the JY too