Washington tire laws?

Kyle94

so i took my fender flares off yesterday, and i like the way it looks. i just need to buff the spots were they were cuz theyre kinda miss colored... but now my tires stick out a bit... wasnt sure what the legal limit or whatever was, ill put up some pics when i get them uploaded to the compy..

l_58876a36b38c459aa1e4a979a004e500.jpg

l_3e9dc0287cd042398a352214521b04cd.jpg

l_19d3917179454b3bbd302fca79944865.jpg

l_7852a1eb0e1b4bb5a57e1d9d9e28436c.jpg

l_70a61e1b748b410783db9984739b7833.jpg

crappy pics i kno, my phone doesnt like the sun and it was hella bright yesterday... and i couldnt find my camera... :blush02:

Edited by kyleky07

im going to leave the mud flaps on but... i just dont want to get pulled over, and they dont stick out too much... two maybe three inches...

I wouldn't worry about it, unless like Red said they stick way out. Especially in Kelso... :ill:

yeah i just dont want to get pulled over, cuz i just got my license about a month ago(june 17th), lol

That is about how the 235/75's looked like on my truck when I still had the black steelies. Not too much of a problem as long as you like the "mexi-look"

"mexi-look" bahaha, mexis dont have normal level trucks with mud tires, :chairfall:

They can't stick out farther than Kingman's ears do...

B

haha! thats mean, never seen his ears so cant say it aint true... lol :whistle:

mini's tires stuck out a tad more than yours, as do kings, and i lived in CA at the time. got pulled by a rookie 1 time in mini but got warning.... never put flares back on lol

Man,you good sinces thats like 4-5 inchs...

thats 4-5 inches to you? hmmm :scratchhead:

mini's tires stuck out a tad more than yours, as do kings, and i lived in CA at the time. got pulled by a rookie 1 time in mini but got warning.... never put flares back on lol

who's mini? that what you call ur pathy?i didnt think kingman's stuck out at all, but i could be wrong.. :mellow:

There huge,when you see a facing shot of him there like twice as far out as normal peoples...

eh, the pics dont really show how far they stick out... they like about 2 inches, at the most three, that is to me though...

Its not the cops yo have to worry about.

its the LEO's up in the woods.

serious.

i drive mine around town no problem, go up in the woods and i get pulled over.

hmmm, well i dont plan in havin to many trips up into the woods...

I thoguth the general rule here in WA was no more than 50% of the tire can stick out, unless you have flares. And mudflaps are required or cover at least half of the height.

hmmm, i have seen many other giant trucks and theyre tires stick way out... but they had mud flaps on, but they werent very big, according to the link that someone posted on here, the flaps have to hang down to atleast the center of the axle...

EDIT: it was redpath88...

Edited by kyleky07

mud flaps have to cover half of the tire.

this is correct.

your tires cannot be more than 2" outside the body line, and fender flares don't count as body lines.. even though the new jeeps have like 8" flares.

technially, they are illegal.

all the laws are outdated and need to be reviewed.

by law 90% of all motor cycles these days are illegal.

and whenever you see a semi truck going bobtail down the road, 90% chance he's illegal too.

and whenever you see a semi truck going bobtail down the road, 90% chance he's illegal too.

is that b/c your assuming they only have mudflaps on the trailers? cuz more than 10% of the big rigs i've seen have mudflaps. unless your referring to something else that makes them illegal

is that b/c your assuming they only have mudflaps on the trailers? cuz more than 10% of the big rigs i've seen have mudflaps. unless your referring to something else that makes them illegal

not just mud flaps, the wheels have to be covered too.

so when you see a bobtail truck going down the road, and there is no cover OVER the wheels, and only mud flaps behind.. yes he is ILLEGAL.

that is the kind of @!*% that makes me mad.

why do i get crap up in the woods, but they can drive around like that all day too.

I saw a cop on a new motor cycle the other day, rear blinkers were about 10" apart.

did you know that they have to be 18" apart?

or all them motor cycles that have no rear fender.. or a lifted super duty or....

but i get crap on the gravel road next to the orv park.

ummm im gettin some mixed stories here... some of you are sayin that its ok while others are saying its illegal... :shrug:

idk what to do... :shrug: