This is what happens when im bored with a socket set

Your Opinion  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Leave it off, or put it back on

• Leave if off
    • Put it back on

Yeah so I was bored this morning and decided to randomly take off my rear bumper for shizz and grins. It was pretty easy to do, and I have mixxed thoughts about the outcome with how it looks, it will probably wind up going back on early next week sometime. As you can tell from the pics, it looks akward with the tow hitch sticking out like that, but atleast its some protection in the event of someone rear ending me. Im eventually going to be building a tube bumper for it with higher clearance. Lemme know what yall think.

What it used to look like

100_1348.jpg

100_1350.jpg

Taken off

100_1386.jpg

100_1376.jpg

100_1387.jpg

With Spare Tire

100_1379.jpg

Without Spare Tire

100_1381.jpg

You can see how tall it appears after it is taken off, it really shows the real size of the 33's and the lift I like it

100_1382.jpg

Edited by 01silvapathy

The hitch definatly harshes the "cool bumperless" effect. I'd personally ditch the spare and find a way to tuck the hitch nicer until you build what you want if your gonna rock it bumperless for a while since I CAN say I do kinda like how r50s look without it back there.

Also noticing your plate and the Buick only have 1 number difference (913 on you-914 on the Buick, both with the same letters) get them both at the same time?

The hitch definatly harshes the "cool bumperless" effect. I'd personally ditch the spare and find a way to tuck the hitch nicer until you build what you want if your gonna rock it bumperless for a while since I CAN say I do kinda like how r50s look without it back there.

Also noticing your plate and the Buick only have 1 number difference (913 on you-914 on the Buick, both with the same letters) get them both at the same time?

Glad you like the look, im planning on building a rear tire carrier bumper out of tubing sometime this summer with a tube bender we built. I will put a pic at the end of this post. And the hitch will probably wind up getting sold once the bumper is built with recovery points. As far as the liscense plates go, they were not purchased at the same time. We moved to texas with 3 vehicles 4 years back the pathy, and two buicks. The liscense plates were 913 NTR 914 NTR and 915 NTR, the buick century was my first car and we traded that in towards the G35 so we lost that plate, but for awhile we had a numerical set LOL

Reartirecarrier.jpg

I like that tube bumper there!!

But I would say leave it on until the . It looks cool for a while, but later i think it would just get old and look like you drive a POS. But it is cool how it shows off the lift and tires!

Yup the hitch is really nice, and it has 6 bolts per side, even though the left side only has 4in and the right has 5 :laugh: But I went and flexed out today for some fun and I love how it looks without the bumper gives it a awesome mean look to it

100_1414.jpg

100_1413.jpg

100_1412.jpg

100_1410.jpg

100_1405.jpg

flexing right next to a cross...nice...haha

Not really, its right next to a natural gas rig thats on the side of the road. And the cross says "Duke" so I think its a pet. Mainly because back when I moved in the road was non existant and it was all woodsy back there.

:aok: I had mine off to fix some rust issues, thought it good without. But I didn't think Johnny-law would like it, so I put just the bumper part back on, not the cover.

I havent had any issues, i have had a cop even following behind me at one point. I really dont think they can do anything you always see vehicles driving around missing parts and stuff. Whats is he going to write you a ticket for, not having a bumper? LOL

Depending on local laws, yes. ;)

But I think it looks good. I had an idea though-paint those bare panels where the bumper would have been, black. It probably wouldn't stick out as much then (aesthetically speaking).

Question- what's the actual rear bumper look like (not the plastic)?

Edited by TooQForYou

You gotta remember though, I live in Texas. You pretty much can do whatever you want vehicle wise. You dont have to cover your tire with a fender flare, even if it sticks out 6in from the wheel well, the only mirror you are required to have by law is the rear view (no need for side mirrors), trucks with cutouts easily pass inspection....Texas is ALOT more lenient on laws and stuff. I have even had cops pull up next to me and tell me to slow down before, instead of pull me over :)

who's sick r50 with the custom rear carrier is that.....

A guy out in Va, Fukinitupagain showed me some of his work he is a pretty good fab guy but I dont think he has the truck anymore :(

Question- what's the actual rear bumper look like (not the plastic)?

Here is a pic of the metal thats behind the bumper, its pretty flimsy if you ask me and only attached with 6 10mm bolts

100_1431.jpg

100_1433.jpg

100_1434.jpg

on a 2000 path it must be the thing to do, mine is off and sitting in the garage.

nobumper3.jpg

Did you take off your fender flares as well? If so did you plug the holes left behind in the fender?

the cops might give you a ticket for not having any mudflaps

You must have not read my earlier post....the part about how I live in Texas and there pretty much are no rules. The only mirror you need is a rearview, and you dont really need to display a liscense plate. I have friends that have a good 6in of tire outside there fender and they never have problems and as far as we have read there is no law requiring mudflaps

That bumper design is cool. I was thinking of something like that except for a rectangular tubing center secting with the hitch and tow points built into it.

If you start fabbing it up let me know. If I can get off work I'm right down the road if you need any help.