headlight swap and hardbody grille

They really make a nice product, I remember when I was working in the 4x4 shop and they first came out, we were selling a lot of the dual beam rectangle shaped lights, they were nice that they had a full harness and everything was all plug and play. "so simple a caveman could install them",

One of the reasons I bought my Hella Rally 2000's way back was because they used a magnesium body

Just would like to thank everyone for the nice words on liking my rare grille, thanks

anyone ever see one of them before?? May have to call my old boss and see if he can remember who made them or who he got them from, one thing I do know is they were delivered thru UPS and not our daily delivery from Keystone so I know it was a off the wall company, probably some company he saw at one of the trade shows somewhere.

Edited by ahardb0dy

I think my 88's is behind the radiator support rather than in front, my 93's is in front like yours. My 88 also had the R12 system, so the placement might have changed with the swap to R134 systems. (I'll double check this on my next trip out for a smoke.)

Scratch that (just went out), it's in the same location, and even a larger unit to boot.

That is a pretty grill, I saw some nice ones available back in the day in the "Mini-Truckin" mags.

thanks I didn't make it to my 87 FSM yet, oh well bedtime for me have to be up in 4 hours for work, catch you all tomorrow evening have a good day

• 2 weeks later...

I know, you should have seen it before the paint !! LOL

or

It's not a show truck man!!

take your pick, LOL

Edited by ahardb0dy

Dude, awesome job with a rattle can! I wish I had the skill...haha

And man, I have searched high and low for a grille like that, with no luck. Must be VERY unique...

I think a lot of us would do this mod if we could find that grille.

someone who knows how to mold plastic should fab one up for us, lol

I bought that grille about 20 years ago I'm sure the company is long gone, don't know what company even made it, may call my old boss tomorrow to see if he can remember