swap floor E-brake to dash E-brake?

ahardb0dy

Anyone ever consider swapping the E-brake from the floor mount to the dash mount like the early Hardbody's had? would make installing the newer center console easier

I know someone had asked questions about this but I'm not certain if it was ever done. I believe the general consensus was not worth the effort, and why?? That said, I think it would be fairly easy other than the cable routing.

B

I never used the E-brake in my 87, I think the cable actually broke after we did the body lift as one day I pulled the brake handle out and something let go, Going Tuesday to see if the 98 console is still at the junkyard if it is I'm buying it and will start the conversion next weekend, I had the stock console out last night re-doing the rear screw anchors and I looked out how the E-brake mount was attached to the floor, it doesn't look to difficult to move over, a little trimming here and there maybe some new nutserts in the floor for the bolts, we will see.

that looks good but with an automatic the shift hole area is the wrong shape, I'll stick with the 98 console and see how it turns out, thanks for the link

why not just use a jeep center counsel i am thinking about trying it i have one sitting in my garage right now

If it's the Grand Cherokee console you gotta move the handle over like an inch or so (been a while). Not a big deal but might annoy some people.

I would think it to be a fairly bolt on project for the handle swap. Just get the front cable as well and pay atention to how it's ran on the doner HB (if pulling the stuff from a JY truck, which I would suggest so you get ALL hardware needed) I'll stick with my floor mount though after years of the HB dash mount and the 4runner having a dash mount.

I'm going to stick with the floor mount also, just will have to move it a little to fit the 98 console, think it will be less work than using the dash E-brake, just wanted to see if anyone did that before

I just hated the dash mount, the floor mount is much easier to work for less friendly situations with someoen riding a little too close to the back bumper... that and my cb is in the way if I wanted to...