Springs And Lift

smoke

Ok.....I am running stock alloy wheels with bridgestone at revos 30X9.5 R15 on stock suspension.

I plan on buying OME springs...922 I beleave is the correct part? Or is there diffrent ones for front and rear ( 921 front, 922 rear)? Or is that just the diffrent weight capacities?

Now i have read somehting about backspacing. Are the stock wheels and tire going to fit this application of springs or does spacers or new wheels need to be bought?

Manual hubs are in the project and new cv if needed.

Thanx for your time.

AFAIK, the stock tires & wheels should fit. The reason people buy wheel spacers, or different wheels is to accommodate larger (and wider) tires.

Changing the springs won't affect your wheels at all if you run stock wheels. This thread that's in the pinned topics and FAQ section (where you should've read first) will help you at mucho.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19867

Jose

ok i read and re-read the pinned topic in the FAQ.....has nothing about part numbers wich was why i also asked on the forum like i did...what part number?? 922 923 921?? some sites say heavy some say meduim duty...what is what... i want med. duty in the front and heavy duty in the rear...

thanx for ur time.

OME doesnt make a heavy duty for the rear. The strongest is medium.

4x4parts.com sells a much stiffer rear spring as part of their 2" lift

and the correct part numbers are listed on http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/nissan-pathfinder-suspension-c-38_593.html

Rocky-road has all wrong part numbers on their site. Stick with rugged rocks.

Edited by FUELER

The actual part numbers from ARB's site, My link

Unfortunately they don't list the spring lengths. From memory all three front springs were the same spring rate just different lengths. I used 928 fronts and 922 rears.

I used the 923 (medium) fronts and the 922 (medium) rears. I also used the OME rear shocks and have been very happy with the setup. I've heard the springs are the same length, just different springs rates and you only want to use the HD (928) fronts if you have a heavy bumper or something otherwise they are too stiff...

Here is my email to ARB tech support and their response, on specs for the OME front and rear coils:

Hi,

Can you please tell me some technical info about the products you sell for R50 pathfinders (my truck is a 1997):

1) Pathfinder Rear Shock - Item # N61. What is the compressed/extended length?

2) Pathfinder Front Coil Springs - Item # 923 - What is the spring rate?

3) Pathfinder Rear Coil Springs - Item # 922 - What is the spring rate?

Thanks.

Hi,

1) N61- Open:607; Closed:367

2) OME923: 200 lbs/in

3) OME922: 140 lbs/in

Hope that info helps!

Matt Glass

ARB USA

Tech and Marketing Assistant

In looking and talking to the guys at rocky road....they also suggested Ironman 4x4 springs... www.ironman4x4.com to which only has one company in the states that sell there products.... www.camel4x4.com

Ironman only has one spring set for R50's... front spring can cadle stock to 110 lbs and rear to handle up to 440 lbs... and sell these in pairs for $120. Ironman has been around since 1953 in AU and has world wide sales...

Has anyone delt with either of these companies?

Has anyone delt with either of these companies?

I'm about to replace my OME springs for ones with more lift and I'd rather not drop $360 at 4x4 because 4x4 sucks balls.

Billy

• Like 2

The prices on those ironman springs are certainly enticing. It seems the amount of lift they provide is about 1.37 inches. How much does OME provide?

I'd rather not go with AC springs if I can help it, but I'd like to get the most height I safely can.

The prices on those ironman springs are certainly enticing. It seems the amount of lift they provide is about 1.37 inches. How much does OME provide?

I'd rather not go with AC springs if I can help it, but I'd like to get the most height I safely can.

yea they said max lift would be between 1 and 1.5 inches....which is what im looking for...not going for a full 2 inch lift here...just more of a cost effective load carrying cappability ect.....

the price is the best i have seen

Info from the OME application guide for the OME springs. All three part numbers for the front are 200 lbf/in. Free height OME921 385mm, OME923 395mm, OME928 410mm. The rears OME 922 are 140 lbf/in and 360 free height.

I think I got about 1.5 inches lift on the front with 928's (stock weight) anyway lots of clearance for a 31" tire, probably could clear a 32. The ride is firmer than stock.

Edited by 95taco4x4
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have a question,

on my stock `95 Pathfinder it has the typical torsion sag, so I plan on buying new rear springs with 1½" lift then crank up the torsion to level it out, will I run into any problems doing this?

Plus it will allow me to run a bigger tire with the lift.

Edited by IndianScout

You should know that just cranking your torsion bars may not provide enough to lift 1.5". You might need to re-index the torsion bars if there isn't enough adjustment left. Re-indexing involves pulling the torsion bar out of the A-arm or the adjuster and reinstalling it one or two splines further up, so there is enough adjustability in the t-bar adjusters.

You will probably get better-informed responses from the guys in the 87-95 Pathfinder forum, since most of the guys here are more familiar with th 96-04 models.