Preformance

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found the suspension and it says i need 3.75 negative back space for wheels, the wheels i was going to get only have 3.625. need to find diffrent wheel?

3.75" maximum backspacing. 3.625" is lower than that so you're fine.

Check out the pinned topics section. You'll find all the info you'll ever need there. :aok:

As for snorkel, this is all I can find so far:

https://www.4x4parts...ont-p-5266.html

I'm not sure if it will fit nicely or if the installation is going to be easy. I think there are threads about this one as well.

That snorkel is pretty much one giant POS. :thumbsdown:

Ask GPG... It's a waste of money.

That snorkel is pretty much one giant POS. :thumbsdown:

Ask GPG... It's a waste of money.

Hahaha... I read about that, but wasn't so sure, thats why I asked him to read on.

You need 3.75" backspacing so that the inner, top corner of the tire will clear the struts. The lower the number, the more the tire will stick out, so you'll be fine. But I'm not sure whether it will rub any other part of the vehicle if the tires stick out too much. If you gonna fit 33's with lift, there's a thread about it too. :aok:

Edited by dududuckling

you don't need that much back spacing. 4" will suit you fin3e. even 4.25 is good. anything more than a 10" wide over 32" will need less back spacing then.

found all but snorkel, suspension and exhaust. how much does suspension cost?? and where can i find a snorkel??

Where did you find a chip at? I didn't think anyone was making chips for the R50's.

Edited by pathlesstaken

What JET makes isn't a chip. It's a piggy back module that monitors and modifies parameters set out by the ECU based on how the vehicle is being driven.

As for Superchips, they don't make a chip for the VG33E. :thumbsdown:

What JET makes isn't a chip. It's a piggy back module that monitors and modifies parameters set out by the ECU based on how the vehicle is being driven.

So what the jet thing does is the same thing as the power button in a wd21 does,changes shift points and injector out put,

I swear Super chips does make a progammer for the car50s,or at least they did.Couldnt you stack boxs and use both the Jet and the other one for more power,better drivablity...?

I looked and you right about the super chips,they dont make one,I was almost positive that they did so...

Edited by nismothunder

It looks like the Jet V force performance plus, part # 67028 fits all 6 cylinder Nissans from 96-08, so I guess that includes my 03 pathy. Unless I find something better I might go with this. I didn't see any part availability for the VQ35 from superchips.

One system I'm looking into is the nistune ECU upgrade. This allows you to change your settings and all kinds of stuff. It's $420AUD, so not the cheapest, but cool. I've emailed them to see if it would work with our ECU (well, us VG33 guys) and I am waiting to hear back from them.

http://www.nistune.com/

Jose

Wow, you go away for a minute and there is now ECU stuff for our stepchild R50's! Yaay!

I will buy the V-tune this Summer for sure. I was going to go to the dealership and get a flash for advanced ign timing, but no way. I would rather do it myself!

So I got an email back from NIStune. Because our ecu is ODB-II, they said they don't have a board for it. But they are coming out with a new board soon that might work. Damn. But, they also said that if I could re-pin a Z31 ECU to work, that I could go that route. This would mean I would have to switch to a 5 speed for ease of it. Change the MAF to the Z31 unit (might be better, might not), and possibly change the gauge cluster. Then send them my old ecu to get the base map loaded onto the nistune board. Seems like a lot of work to do an ECU tune. But i wanted to do this anyway...If only i could win the lotto...

Jose