Blue Relay Plug

Cuong Nguyen

On my pathfinder, I noticed that there was a blue relay plug attached to the main harness just behind the battery that runs from the firewall alongside the fender well. Anyone know what it's for and shouldn't it be covered up or used to prevent damage?

My 93 has 3 blue relays on the passenger side fender that are not in the relay box, 1 is right behind the battery attached to the fender, the other 2 are behind the relay box 1 is attached and the other is just laying in there. All of them have relays in them, but none have labels.

okay. the plug was tied off to the harness but I pulled the slack out.

Color of wires are:

orange/black

white/black

green/black

and one of the following....

blue/red? or blue/pink?

Green/red? or green/pink?

Just went through the 1994 FSM (hardcopy) diagram by diagram and so far I have not located a relay with that comination of wires. I'll looked further tomorrow if I can :aok:

No luck finding that plug with the wire colors :shrug:

I looked at my truck and can't see anything just like yours, here's what I have

99889365.jpg

But keep in mind that mine is an "i" while yours is an "e"

You could just cover that plug up if your worried about it. Is your truck running oddly and your just trying to track a problem down?

the plugs in the corner near the battery can be : ASCD hold relay ( cruise control), power antenna plug, M/T interlock relay, 2 plugs for daytime running light module (for Canada), the 2 in the rear corner are for the blower relay and the AC relay by the way

Right, that comes from the FSM... but can you ID which one Cuong is asking about, by the color codes he gave from the wires on his? ;)

Read back in the topic, mine was just a reference pic :aok:

That was something I looked for (man/auto - from your cardomain pics) when I was looking through the FSM's (94 + 89), but I can't find a plug, for a relay or not, in that area with those color of wires :shrug: