Question About Bulbs.

Toby

I got some clear tails for my S10. Problem is I need red bulbs to replace the regular ones.

I was wondering if there was any possible way to paint taillights bulbs. I've seen it done for DIY "stealth" bulbs but I wasn't sure if it could be done with red spray paint or what kind to get.

Probly you could get by with spray paint but you would have to coat it very lightly.Myself,I would use model car paint,you can get by with a singal coat of that because its cut pretty good already.

I got model paint around here I think.

But they make the small spray model paints too. That might do the job.

I figure it's a cheap easy fix for now until I switch all my interior and tails to LEDs

Go through the ricer isle at Pep Boys or Autozone, get some red bulbs and call it done. Testors model spray paint DOES work in light coats (I've done it and candied a fiew taillights that way), but for what your doein I'd say just do it once and get what you need.

auto parts stores around here do not carry them lol. I've been looking. I'm just gonna give up and order the LED lights off Ebay I think. It's less than $4 for a pair of them shipped.