Need Help

On a 2001 pathy what is the canister that is about the size of a coke can located beside the air box called. I though it was just a vacuum canister but i cant find it anywhere in my fsm or hayes chilton or anything. Anyway i need to get another one. Today as i was going to seafoam the pathy i pulled the vacuum line off the top center of the canister and the plastic part that the hose slips over broke off with the hose flush with the top of the canister. I have tried to glue it back on but to no prevail. The line that i pulled off is the one that i belive pulls the vacuum on that canister for the other hose.........So if anyone knows what the exact name of it is or where i can get one since all the junk yards around her dont have it and advance has no idea what that part is .... i would greatly appreciate it

• Like 1

Not sure as mine is a 97 but is it the Fuel Vapor canister for the Emissions? It could be part of the ac dryer system but you would know it was that part with all the large aluminium lines going in to it and out?

any idea what it might be exactly. I know its either a charcoal evap canister or a vacuum canister but i cant find it from any advance the only thing they show is the evap at the gas tank. or better yet if anyone knows where i can find one. please let me know thanks

• 6 years later...

You have no idea how you saved my time and efforts by posting this 6 years ago.... Thank you guys :)

Was checking my vacuum lines and saw that it was snapped broken with a hose loose... Kept wondering what was that for! And now im enlightened :)

Cheers to all of you guys .. Keep it up

So being that I had a 3.3 and now I'm swapping to a 3.5 I have this air box as well with all the crazy vacuum lines running to it...I want to ditch the air box and run something else with a snorkel what are my options

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk