Hoohaa Centerlink/steerig Box

beastpath

I'd like to order the HooHaa centerlink in the next week or so, but need some advice.

I have a 91 Pathfinder, so it has the smaller diameter steering box. However, the box is leaking and I was thinking about replacing it with a box from a '95 with the wider diameter - which would mean I would get a 93+ Hoohaa.

At some point I also want to do the idler arm elimination mod and use a hardbody manual steering box.

My questions are: Did the hardbody manual steering box come in a wider diameter?

or does it even matter on the idler arm side - as in could I use a small diameter manual steering box and pitman arm on the 93+ Hoohaa?

Is the wider diameter significantly stronger than the smaller diameter box?

i did the passenger side steering gear and it came off a 87 something... but the diameter of the pitman arm splines is smaller, the overall length of the arm is shorter, and also the taper for the ball joint is backwards. i dont know how i will get a longer pitman arm to fit this though...

what defines your hoohaa is the taper of your tie rod ends, not your seering box. So you would order the same hoohaa with or without the newer box. You could just change your box seals. the pitman seal is easy once you get the pitman off (gotta take it off to drill it anyway) and the input shaft is a little tricky because theres not much room to work.

As far as the manual steeing box there is a thread on that. the manual pitman is shorter but the splines are the same as the older Power pitman (it looks smaller because the nut is smaller but it is the same).

so; Manual box + 87-92 Power Pitman= good to go

what defines your hoohaa is the taper of your tie rod ends, not your seering box. So you would order the same hoohaa with or without the newer box. You could just change your box seals. the pitman seal is easy once you get the pitman off (gotta take it off to drill it anyway) and the input shaft is a little tricky because theres not much room to work.

As far as the manual steeing box there is a thread on that. the manual pitman is shorter but the splines are the same as the older Power pitman (it looks smaller because the nut is smaller but it is the same).

so; Manual box + 87-92 Power Pitman= good to go

That's exactly what I needed to know! I didn't realize the c-links were based on the tie rod ends.

Thanks MY1PATH!!!!

That's exactly what I needed to know! I didn't realize the c-links were based on the tie rod ends.

Thanks MY1PATH!!!!

The main thing is that it doesn't matter the pitman, you gotta drill it out.