Heavy Rain

Toby

Just downloaded the demo and played through it. Not too bad. Graphics are pretty awesome.

Whole idea behind the game is you play different characters with different lives all affected by a serial killer called the Origami Killer. One character is a private investigator, the other is an FBI agent, and the other two (not in the demo) i dunno. The one is a father and I think his son was killed by the origami killer.

But it's not a game about shooting and all kindsa action. it's a game about choices with a very intricate story. It does get boring and it's gameplay is very very slow. Controls are a bit goofy (you hold R2 and a direction to walk). But I liked it alot. Been hearing tons of hype over this for months.

so if anyone here has a PS3 download the demo. I am toying with the idea of actually buying it. it's like a movie you play

it's like a movie you play

MGS4 was like that to me.

I might DL it, but if it is heavy 3d, my PS3 might not like it. It won't play Brutal Legend w/o freezing up, but I can play Fall Out 3 with no trouble (beyond the typical disapearing walls). :shrug:

MGS4 was like that to me.

I might DL it, but if it is heavy 3d, my PS3 might not like it. It won't play Brutal Legend w/o freezing up, but I can play Fall Out 3 with no trouble (beyond the typical disapearing walls). :shrug:

It has some amazing graphics. if it won't play brutal legend then it definitely would freeze up with this. The load scenes are faces that are extremely detailed. It's creepy.

Hmmm... I'm stil trying to figure out how to fix it without paying Sony $150 for service. I'd buy a new one first, but then I would lose my PS2 compatability. I think it might be an over heat problem, from what I read they didn't use enough heat sync compound on the video processor, so it cooks off and over heats.

The "fat" PS3's can be had kinda cheap used. I have a PS3 Slim

The "fat" PS3's can be had kinda cheap used. I have a PS3 Slim

Yeah, but are you buying a used one with the same or worse issues? :togo:

As long as components don't need replaced, I'm fine repairing. (Sourcing some components can be a royal PITA).

Yeah, but are you buying a used one with the same or worse issues? :togo:

As long as components don't need replaced, I'm fine repairing. (Sourcing some components can be a royal PITA).

Used ones are usually tested and come with a limited warranty last I checked.

Have to gI've it a look, generally don't get into slow paced games. (speaking of Brutal Legend as well, just picked it up used and if anything just the soundtrack so far is worth it :aok: )

Used ones are usually tested and come with a limited warranty last I checked.

New ones come with a limited warranty and are factory tested... what is your point? Mine is trying to not waste money, when a simple fix is the answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. Bought the game today. Thus far it's pretty good looking graphically. has it's moments where the visuals aren't great. But for the most part they are good. The voice acting is kinda bad. And the graphics are kinda clunky at first. but honestly I love how it's different. And it's not a fast paced action game. Anyone who wants a slow paced very involved story should at least rent this. It's got alot to do with decision making and all too. I'm enjoying it.

I assume you have the slim version. There is a bug with the fat ones right now so dont boot up if you own one. Its with the internal time clock..... Mine has been reverted back to 1999(like I want to travel back to the 90's.....) Trophies are disappearins aswell. So wait until Sony fixes this bug.

I assume you have the slim version. There is a bug with the fat ones right now so dont boot up if you own one. Its with the internal time clock..... Mine has been reverted back to 1999(like I want to travel back to the 90's.....) Trophies are disappearins aswell. So wait until Sony fixes this bug.

I have a slim, yes. I held out for it because the Fat PS3's were power hungry boxes. The Slim has been great thus far.

But tonight Sony is releasing the patch. They missed a line of coding or something when they released the new update and it reset the clock to 1999. The PS3 Slim's clock only goes back as far as 2000.

I got a fatty, wanted backwards compatibility.

I got a PS2 for all that business. That and it sure is nice not having to worry about updates leaving my PS3 more unplayed than it already is.

I got a PS2 for all that business. That and it sure is nice not having to worry about updates leaving my PS3 more unplayed than it already is.

x2 I kept my ps2 for that simple reason.

I have 2 of my old PS2s (1 slim, 1 original), I have the slim hooked up to my bedroom TV and the other one was going to get a mod chip, but I never installed it.

Makes sense then. I haven't even played mine in a while. I got a fat one though. Still got an original Xbox lol

Nothing wrong with SNES lol. I'd love to have one.

I've noticed that Heavy Rain is sort of glitchy. Parts where sound drops off entirely. and where the game freezes up. hopefully it's nothing major.

Its the game,I rarly ever get a brand new game because theres usally more glitchs in it when they first come out,(I rented black when it first came out and hitman 2 for my ps2) and they glitched,but when I bought them a year or 2 later they worked just fine and I never had a problem.

Its the game,I rarly ever get a brand new game because theres usally more glitchs in it when they first come out,(I rented black when it first came out and hitman 2 for my ps2) and they glitched,but when I bought them a year or 2 later they worked just fine and I never had a problem.

It's at random though. it hasn't been bad lately. But once in a while it gets bad and I gotta stop.

Good game though. i'm digging the story and feel like I can't stop playing. Find myself regretting alot of choices as well.

Story sounds pretty impressive and from the screenshots I've seen online, this game looks promising. Keep us posted on how it is.

As if FFXIII comes out in two days... And I don't get to play it until April. :thumbsdown:

I don't dig the FF games much anymore. Loved them when I was younger. Now I can't be bothered with them.

I'm back and forth. the game is great. occasional glitches, but not bad at all. Problem is, is after a while I just need a break from it. it gets a bit boring. Story is great just feel bored with it.

I've picked up rock band and been playing that a little out of boredom.