Nissan hardbody question

PATHRIDER

Hey guys Im thinking of buying a hardbody just to have something to drive around while I fix my pathy

It has a loud exhaust leak though when rev'd up on the passenger side...This 93 hardbody v6 has the same motor as our pathys

I couldnt tell for sure if it is a exhaust leak where the manifold is connected to the motor or its a leak on the joint where it connects to the crosspipe going underneath and across the tranny

Engine sounds great when not revd up but soon as I hit the throttle it sounds like a darn lawnmower..I was thinking that if its the exhaust manifold shouldnt it go away when the motor warms up? Drives great except for that loud noise..Guy is asking $1800 for it and the body is in great shape..no rust anywhere that I can see

Truck has 154K on it

Any suggestions guys?

Edited by PATHRIDER

I'm guessing down pipe or Y pipe flange leaks, maybe the famous one that burns a hole on the WD21 driver floor board...

I never heard a leak at the manifold other than the ticking, if it fart/roars at higher RPM it won't go away when it is warm.

Like everyone else said, seems like a good deal. $10 says you don't sell it when you have fixed the pathy... ;)

B

I bought her guys...It is on the manifold thats making that lawnmower sound..It could be cracked or just the gasket..I have not taken off the shield yet and ill be doing that tomorrow.Hope it doesnt have a broken stud

They are nice trucks, i got one to replace my pathfinder. A '93 V6 extended cab BLACK. Its got some body cancer than needs to be addressed and a sticky injector(i think). needs new body mounts too. But i got it for $200.00 so its all good. strictly a bush vehicle...

I'm guessing down pipe or Y pipe flange leaks, maybe the famous one that burns a hole on the WD21 driver floor board...

I never heard a leak at the manifold other than the ticking, if it fart/roars at higher RPM it won't go away when it is warm.

Like everyone else said, seems like a good deal. $10 says you don't sell it when you have fixed the pathy... ;)

B

Just got back from the muffler shop and they did a check on it and the tech said its the manifold.I checked underneath and all looks good. The cat and muffler hardly have any rust if any is just on the welds

Im keeping her B :D ..Been wanting a truck and this is the only one ive found thats black and automatic...needs a little work as far as the interior coz the guy that owned it got so many gizmo thaT WAS REMOVED and left screw holes on some of the dash part thats easily replaceable..Dash has no cracks..seat is more comfy than my pathy

Ill check the manifold tomorrow and if its not cracked ill go ahead and replace the gasket..if it is im sure you guys have one laying around in your garage that I can buy :D.

I've had a couple Hardbodys, great little trucks. Of course I didn't exactly pay alot for any of them (and all needed something) still have a couple of HB pacific things layin around if needed as well-nothing major(if I can find them and they are your taste, I have a pair of altezza taillights SOMEWHERE). You sure thats a 93 as well? Maby a late 92? 93 would have the hood update without the vents and the grill/bumper updates. Might be worth checkin into if the front end was wiped off of it at some point...

sorry guys it is a 92...Do you have the all clear altezza bud? and whats a pacific thing?

Im thinking of replacing the front grille and corner light with a black one since i have em laying around..Anyone interested on the chrome stuff please let me know...Im going to replace the door handles as well

No, they have the red dots for the turn signals and brake lights, not the solid clears. Might be interested in the door handles too, never hurts to have spares. Have enough black ones, need extra chrome ones... pacific=specific, I'm a dork.

No, they have the red dots for the turn signals and brake lights, not the solid clears. Might be interested in the door handles too, never hurts to have spares. Have enough black ones, need extra chrome ones... pacific=specific, I'm a dork.

I thought it was some kind of net for the back ..Im going to remove the tail gate and keep her light as much as possible..We can trade on the handles if you like...are these handles interchangeable with the pathy also and the side mirrors? I like the pathy side mirrors eventhough I cant connect it electonically

tailgate nets are fairly cheap, and yea the mirrors/door handles/etc are interchangeable, some things are a little different(front bumper brackets mounting points are an inch off or something) Sheetmetal stuff bolts up from the front doors forward. Engine and suspension stuff is the same IIRC. You can just push the mirror glass to the position you want without having any power to them (did it before).